HP-2: Where's the sheriff?? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherrikat

I just got my new Home Patrol 2 and it's up and running. I get fire, ambulance, etc, but no police or sheriff! :( I went to "select service types" and made sure the "law dispatch" and "law talk" were selected, insured the range was enough - 10 miles - but no law. I'm in Bloomington, Indiana and fire and law are on Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T Motorola, but as far as I know nothing is encrypted. Can anyone help?:confused:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I just got my new Home Patrol 2 and it's up and running. I get fire, ambulance, etc, but no police or sheriff! :( I went to "select service types" and made sure the "law dispatch" and "law talk" were selected, insured the range was enough - 10 miles - but no law. I'm in Bloomington, Indiana and fire and law are on Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T Motorola, but as far as I know nothing is encrypted. Can anyone help?:confused:

For starters, have you updated the database in the HP-2 since you received it?

From the main screen on the Home Patrol, select MENU --> ADVANCED MENU --> scroll down arrow --> VERSION INFORMATION

What does it say there for the date of the database?

marksmith

Make a favorites list and add those systems you want to hear and turn off the full database. Since you know what you want to hear, the full database is sub-optimal for you.

You can check for encryption on the RR site on the system to want to hear.

Service types still need to be selected for favorites list operation.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Sherrikat

fxdscon, it says "database update 7/20/14". I think that's old, right? Darn. As it scans, it is scanning through "Project Hoosier SAFE-T Motorola", so they're in there. I just have to figure out how to update it's database. Thank you!:)

Sherrikat

marksmith, that does sound like it would make it scan faster, but I'm not sure how it would help not getting Law at all? Law freqs are in the full database. But, thank for your advice!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
Sherri,

Monroe County recently switched to the new SAFE-T P25 system (which phask included a link to in his post) from the old SAFE-T Motorola system.
The new system wouldn't be in the 7/20/14 database, so an update would include the new system.

I hope this helps,

-Gary

marksmith

marksmith, that does sound like it would make it scan faster, but I'm not sure how it would help not getting Law at all? Law freqs are in the full database. But, thank for your advice!
I am thinking that you may have it in there, but it is stopping on something else all the time and missing what you want to hear.

That is the beauty of the favorites list.

Doing the database update and write to scanner may help too, if the talkgroups are changing or being added to that system. This is what sounds like the problem, since they are on a new p25 system you are not hearing with the old database file.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

Status
Not open for further replies.