Which Amateur Radio Transceivers Can Be Controlled By An iOS Or Android Device?d Smart

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Even though I don't go boating very often, I like to check out the new marine band transceivers. Few will sometimes have features that might be useful in the amateur radio world. This morning, while looking at the Icom marine transceivers, I saw that the M510 fixed mount VHF allows wireless smart device operation.

Is that currently a feature on any Icom, or other branded, amateur radios? If so, which makes/models?

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
I have never seen a radio which has Bluetooth remote control. Bluetooth audio yes. Bluetooth programming in one case. Total remote control not as far as I know.

n9upc

The VERO can, as you mentioned, and for me it was so-so and I really have not used it since I first played with it.

The Radioddity GS-5B handheld can be programmed via BT but not sure about control. Found this radio to be more flash than good for anything. Selling it next weekend as a demo as I tested for someone.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I have never seen a radio which has Bluetooth remote control.
Kenwood's Frequency Control Program ARFC-D74 can communicate with a Kenwood TH-D74 over Bluetooth and allow you to control the radio.

ARFC-D74 is a Windows program, so it doesn't answer the OP's question.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I have never seen a radio which has Bluetooth remote control. Bluetooth audio yes. Bluetooth programming in one case. Total remote control not as far as I know.

The Icom R30 does Bluetooth remote control and receiving; it has an iOS app, but I don't know about Android.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
The VERO can, as you mentioned, and for me it was so-so and I really have not used it since I first played with it.

The Radioddity GS-5B handheld can be programmed via BT but not sure about control. Found this radio to be more flash than good for anything. Selling it next weekend as a demo as I tested for someone.

GS-5B cannot be remote controlled. Bluetooth is for programming. No audio capability. I bought one out of curiosity and I like it for what it is. Contrary to popular belief it is not made by Baofeng. It has some features like water resistance and USB charging that are excellent. Very ruggedly built.

It is made by Fujian Senhaix Electronic Technology Co.,Ltd. they make some very interesting radios. Some offer 5G connectivity. Not CCR.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
The Icom R30 does Bluetooth remote control and receiving; it has an iOS app, but I don't know about Android.
I can confirm the Icom RS-R30A Android app works. I use it on Android phones and on an old Amazon Fire7 I rooted to use the Google Play store. While the app offers control of the R30, an optional audio device can be paired as well in order to hear the audio remotely. The R30 handles both at the same time very well. Yes, that means the R30 receiver can be connected to an external antenna in the house while I am in the backyard with a device controlling it and a speaker to listen in. Well...as long as I am not too far away as the BT range is limited.

@w2xq - Come on now, if everyone was able to think critically like you this forum would have significantly less threads and subsequent posts. Don't stop. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.