Which Antenna for a BCD396T???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlconnell

I have a BCD396T and am happy with the performance except the stock antenna is NOT VERY GOOD to be quite frank ! Which is the best antenna for me to order to use this scanner on all bands. I do listen to 800 Mhz alot but spend a fair time listening to AIRCRAFT and DPS ASTRO 25 on 154Mhz range. I've heard the Diamond RH77CA is AWESOME. Can you guy's give me some insight on the right one to get? Thanks in advance.

n2mdk

The Diamond S/RH77CA is an excellent antenna for the VHF and UHF bands should work well for Aircraft and the 154MHz frequencies, doesn't doo all that well above 500MHz though.
The SRH77CA has an SMA connector and will fit right on the 396, I use it on my BR330T for Aircraft, Railroad,the DPS VHS frequencies and if I want to listen to the VHF and UHF Ham bands. Truthfully I use the Diamonds on my HTs more than my scanners. It will make a great antenna for your FT-60R like it does on mine.

XTS3000

For V-U-800, I use the Diamond SRH-519. The Comet SMA-503 is another great antenna. Both the 519 and 503 are about equal in reception.

madnachos

Yea, that stock Uniden antenna is pretty horrible. I would give the Diamond 77CA a try. Great antenna for all around use. Some people will say its not great for 800Mhz but unless you need to pull in really weak 800Mhz signals it will do just fine for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.