Blunt630

Which antenna is better?

Laird Technologies - WPD136M6C-001

or

Larsen - Nmo150/450/758

Scanning 150/450/750-870

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I don't know, haven't personally used either one.

What I can say is the the Laird have a very large base. If you are trying to keep things low profile, the Larsen may be a better choice.
The new larsen has a spring lower down at the base, which can be a benefit if you are putting this on top of a taller vehicle that may find low parking garages or tree branches. The taller base on the Laird won't fare as well.

I'm a big fan of Larsen, but I do have some Laird antennas, and I've been happy with them. I stick with Larsen due to habit, but nothing at all wrong with Laird.

wcu02mpa

For low band base loaded whip go with Laird. They will tune better than the Larsen. When I was a radio tech with an Eastern state SHP the Laird low band coils seemed to also be more rugged. For VHF and UHF I actually use a Larsen for both and could never really tell a difference in performance with other brands. I do prefer black antennas for a more stealth and clean look. Also the Larsen NMO-150 when tuned does both 2M and 6M ham really well.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
I am a big fan of the Larsen antenna. I have owned two of them. The only reason I had to buy a second was someone liked the antenna too and helped themselves.

• Sad
Reactions: RRR
Status
Not open for further replies.