which antenna would be better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ncfirewire

Premium Subscriber
hi i am planning on putting up an antenna on my roof in the next day or so and i was wondering which antenna would be better for my needs i am mainly listening to fire police and ems on bands betwwwin 150-155 and 450 -470 the local store sold me the anli a-100 or should i just get the radio shack
Outdoor VHF-Hi/UHF Scanner Antenna Model: 20-176

i already have the anli a 100 i just have it sitting on my deck right now and i dont see much of an improvement over the stock antenna i dont know if its the antenna or the fact that its just on the deck right now .

i keep hearing good reviews on the radio shack one but im not sure which would be best for my needs

thanks in advance

W2NJS

You might wish to check out the Diamond X-50A dual band antenna. I've had two of them "up in the air" for about ten years at two locations and they both work great after all that time. One is on a mountain top where it gets the hell beat out of it every winter but, as I said, no problems so far. Cost in the $100 range. Diamond also makes higher gain versions of the same antenna, but of course they cost more.

Diamond X-50A Product Reviews

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
The Diamond D-130J discone is sturdy built and sounds right for the type of radio bands that you listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.