which company is best

Status
Not open for further replies.

L9capt1st

This may not be politically correct to ask this but, I'm looking at purchasing a new scanner. Which company (Zip Scanners, Bearcat Wearhouse, or Scan Masters) is the most trusted, fastest shipping or any other information I may need to know before ordering, I've narrowed my choice on what scanner, programming, antenna, etc. I need for my situation and its looking like the bcd536hp will work for my situation, any info on this scanner is welcome as well. Thanks for all the help this forum has afforded to me.

L9capt1st

You won't find Scan Masters. It's scannermaster.com - I've bought most of mine there, due to the after-purchase customer support. I don't have any experience with the other two vendors, so I can't comment on them.
1 vote scannermaster, I'm keeping score. Thanks for reply

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
Scanner Master, Bearcat Watehouse & Ham Radio Outlet are all good to deal with. Others also speak highly of Main Trading Company. I’ve read some iffy reviews of Zip Scanners, but haven’t dealt with them personally.

L9capt1st

Scanner Master, Bearcat Watehouse & Ham Radio Outlet are all good to deal with. Others also speak highly of Main Trading Company. I’ve read some iffy reviews of Zip Scanners, but haven’t dealt with them personally.
thanks for the reply, 2 scannermaster, 1 bearcat warehouse. Keeping tally.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Zip Scanners has varied quite a bit. Sometimes, very good reviews, other times everything that could go wrong, did, and Zip was not upfront or responsive in resolving the issue.

Ham Radio Outlet does have stores in a number of cities, so if you are close to one you could get a hands on preview before making a purchase.

While I have not personally purchased from Main Trading, they have had some very competitive deals on certain models.

If you know, exactly, what you want, don't overlook Amazon. You won't get any "hands on" help in picking what you need, Amazon does have a good, no penalties, return policy in case what you ordered does not do what you want.

Around the holiday season, ScannerMaster often has a 'free shipping' promo on certain models, or order total cost.

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
This may not be politically correct to ask this but, I'm looking at purchasing a new scanner. Which company (Zip Scanners, Bearcat Wearhouse, or Scan Masters) is the most trusted, fastest shipping or any other information I may need to know before ordering, I've narrowed my choice on what scanner, programming, antenna, etc. I need for my situation and its looking like the bcd536hp will work for my situation, any info on this scanner is welcome as well. Thanks for all the help this forum has afforded to me.
ScannerMaster has always worked great for me and my wife!

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987

I would be one of those folks. I've bought two SDS100's from MTC and have gotten great deals each time....a free 'soft' case and no Indiana sales tax with my last purchase (and they were cheaper than Amazon).

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
I have purchased scanners from HRO, ScannerMaster and Main Trading Company. All three have are easy to deal with. HRO and MTC offer free shipping over $100.00. MTC is a small business that seems to go out of its way to offer just a little more in terms of some really inviting packages.

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
Personally I prefer Scanner Master, you can't really go wrong with them... fast shipping, great customer service when you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.