Which crystals for columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cjmpvb

Really confused on which crystals i need for columbus and surrounding communities, would like police, fire, weather, i understand most have gone digital but there are some that arent any help would be grateful, just need a list of whixh crystals to get and what setting to have them on, L,H, or U/T i have a bearcat 4, just want to receive some type of transmission, thankyou, my email cjmpvb@gmail.com

mszabo2000

Really confused on which crystals i need for columbus and surrounding communities, would like police, fire, weather, i understand most have gone digital but there are some that arent any help would be grateful, just need a list of whixh crystals to get and what setting to have them on, L,H, or U/T i have a bearcat 4, just want to receive some type of transmission, thankyou, my email cjmpvb@gmail.com

I doubt you can buy crystals anymore. Best to consider purchasing a programmable scanner. Since many communities have moved or will move to a trunk system. Get one that can be programmed for P25. It will also cover any VHF/UHF channels you want to listen to. If not interested in buying a new scanner, check out broadcastify.com to listen online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KD8DVR

Premium Subscriber
Not going to do ANY good in Columbus.. everything is on a digital trunked system.

kb3isq

Premium Subscriber
First Columbus where?
Second you can probably buy a programmable scanner on eBay cheaper than buying crystals.

KCChiefs9690

CQ DX
Like others have said, get a programmable scanner off eBay for the same price as crystals, if you can even get those anymore. The only public safety conventional channel I can think of is Delaware County's simulcast for FD dispatching. You will ONLY hear the dispatcher, nothing else. The only reason it's still even on the air is for volunteer/part time FD paging. Everything in the area is digital.

wtp

weather

a weather frequency crystal would be the only thing that would be guaranteed to hear something on.
might as well try for all 7 and hope for skip to roll in.
even a very cheap programmable to try other frequencies would be great.
i still use my pro2001 from around 1980.

Status
Not open for further replies.