Which freq gone for older trunking scanners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

r4224

I'm new here, and new to scanning....all in the spirit of full disclosure. I'm in the Washington Co. area.

I've got an ok grasp on what happened with rebanding, but I don't know what the frequencies were in the Washington County area before rebanding occurred, and I don't know which of the frequencies listed are "new" channels.

I still hear a lot of traffic using an older BC-245XLT. Picking up Lake Oswego as well, so the Clackamas system is not fully kaput anyway.

Can someone tell me which of those WCCCA system frequencies listed will never be heard on these older trunking scanners that are not rebanding compatible?

Much appreciated!

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
... but I don't know what the frequencies were in the Washington County area before rebanding occurred
What rebanding basically means is that some frequencies have been changed. If the channel is not part of a Motorola type trunked radio system, then all you need to do is program the new frequency into your scanner.

and I don't know which of the frequencies listed are "new" channels.
The definition of a 'frequency' is clear, and the definition of a 'talkgroup' is clear; but the definition of a 'channel' can vary depending on the context of how it is used. From my point of view, channels did not change, but some frequencies being used to operate the trunked radio system did change.

Can someone tell me which of those WCCCA system frequencies listed will never be heard on these older trunking scanners that are not rebanding compatible?
Because the WCCCA trunked system is an 800 MHz Motorola system, older scanners will not properly calculate voice channels of rebanded systems which have frequencies that fit the format of 8xx.xxx0 MHz. Note the 0 in the 4th position of the frequency.

I posted a chart here

Status
Not open for further replies.