Which has better audio bass??

Status
Not open for further replies.

baker954

Premium Subscriber
I am in the market to purchase a Uniden digital scanner.

I am trying to decide between the 396XT and HomePatrol.

Which one has better bass from the speaker for digital audio? (A-la XTS5000 from the speaker on the radio)

I hate very treble-based P25 audio.

Just a personal preference.

Thanks for the input!!

scanningisfun

I am in the market to purchase a Uniden digital scanner.

I am trying to decide between the 396XT and HomePatrol.

Which one has better bass from the speaker for digital audio? (A-la XTS5000 from the speaker on the radio)

I hate very treble-based P25 audio.

Just a personal preference.

Thanks for the input!!

I have a 396XT and it doesn't have that much bass sadly on P25. I hope that's something they think about for future models.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
The HP1 beats out the 396 in this department but not by much and nothing like a 5K
Lower frequencies are intentionally attenuated in most scanners as they detract from intelligibility.
This along with it being a waste of limited amplifier power makes finding most any scanner with extended low frequency output (compared to the older analog only scanners...895,9000 come to mind) hard if not impossible in recent P25 scanner years.

Dave

baker954

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the advice ladies/gentleman.

I went ahead and picked up two of those EH20 or whatever Uniden Bearcat speakers off of Amazon. One for the car, and one for where-ever else I decide to put it.

It's got a 3.5 male headset jack, so we'll see how she works.

And Butch, a dedicated mobile is out for me. At least the home patrol is "somewhat" portable (can be moved from car to house, and back).

Status
Not open for further replies.