Which is best for pr0 164

Status
Not open for further replies.

muskie999

looking to get scanner software for my PRO 164, have RR already on line running XP as my OS. Tried Arc300 had hell of time getting past all the danger messages, haven;t tried win97. Wondered if there is any big differences as far as download and ease of use. Or is there one I am misssing out there and should try?

Last edited:

KE5BCP

Analog Man
looking to get scanner software for my PRO 164, have RR already on line running XP as my OS. Tried Arc300 had hell of time getting past all the danger messages, haven;t tried win97. Wondered if there is any big differences as far as download and ease of use. Or is there one I am misssing out there and should try?

No such thing as "Best", although many of us here have the same opinion about what is "worst" :lol:

They are listed here:
PSR-300/400 Software and USB Support - The RadioReference Wiki

n5ims

The best software package for you would be what works best for YOU. What works best for me may be the most confusing and irritating package for you. Since they generally offer a free trial, download them all and see what works best for you and then get that package. That would most likely be what package would work best for YOU!

Highpockets

Just got to tell you I can't get any of them to work

If your completely lost, take a look at this guide, it's different software then your using, but, same principal, it will give you an idea on what you have to do to import a system from RR into the software, then uploading into your scanner. It may help, no harm in reading it...

WIN500 - UtahRadio

If my win97 hasn't expired, I'd make you a file to upload into your scanner, if someone else offers, take the offer, you'll learn allot from looking at a file that is already set up!

muskie999

Steve I am really lost, didn't think it would this hard or costly to just not have to deal with manual programming. WoW. Apprecitae your help. and any body else who has tried to help this senile moron. Karma is good for you all.

Last edited:

mikey60

Couple suggestions...

First, download and install the latest drivers for the USB cable. Those drivers are available from the FTDI web site at

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM20600.exe

Unplug the cable and run that installer. Once complete, reconnect the cable to the computer and then try again...

With PSREdit300:

To transfer the data from the computer into the Radio:

Connect the USB cable to the computer
Connect the USB cable to the PC/IF port on the scanner
Select the Radio Menu
Select Upload to PSR-300/400 or PRO-163/164 Option

To transfer the contents of the scanner to your computer:

Connect the USB cable to the computer
Connect the USB cable to the PC/IF port on the scanner
Select the Radio Menu
Select Download from Radio Option

Mike

Last edited:

muskie999

I came the closest with your software, I found it the most user friendly, after I got some what of handle on it. I would get it alreday to upload to the scanner, when the cord is plugged in , the scanner reads "clone mode press up arrow 1 or any other number pull plug to exit",. the cord blinks some times or else I get " no respnse pull cable". So I am at a loss, the driver is working and recognizes the cable and scanner. ??? I will try again this fine Sun. morn , hoping I don't spend my whole saturday again. The RS instructions are really bad. My 79 also had cryptic instuctions took me a long time to figure it out.
Thanks for the help.
Will let you know what happens next.
Mike

muskie999

IT WORKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy sunday evverybody who helped

mikey60

Well actually I am having trouble getting another bank programmed, it won't show up .The fun never ends for me.

Just remember that these scanners operate in complete configurations when transfering over the PC/IF port. To add something to what is in your scanner, download the current contents, make the changes you want to make, and then upload the new information back into the scanner.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.