Which is better Pro 197, Uniden 996t

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG5KS

Premium Subscriber
Wanting to buy a new scanner for the VHF, UHF, APCO 25. Noticed the PRO 197 and just wondered how it compares to the Uniden 996T ? I will be using software and usb cable for programming.

Thank you

Kenny

kg5ks@yahoo.com

eaf1956

Feed Provider
This is like comparing ICOM to KENWOOD. Everybody likes what they like be it RS, GRE, or Uniden. So my advice is to pick the one you like which will do what you wish to do with it.

KG5KS

Premium Subscriber
Icom to Kenwood.. Depends on model..hi When I worked for the state we used the Uniden, and have never own a RS or GRE model. Had seen the PRO 197 and believe the price will be lowered on them. Wouldn't use outside antennas for it most likely. Appreciate your replies.

Thank you

Kenny

SQUAD109

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Pro-197 is a great scanner I like it alot better than my 996xt

KG5KS

Premium Subscriber
Performance of course is the main thing to me for the price. It's about $150.00 cheaper price than Uniden 996T, but if isn't 90% the performance for VHF, UHF, APCO 25 I would buy the Uniden hands down. I'm not planning on putting up an outside antenna for now. Just would like a mobile or desk scanner to use. Appreciate all the comments.

Thank you
Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.