Which mobile Digital Scanner is the best deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
The Pro197 is the only one I know of for under $300.00. And that is because it is on sale right now. I never used the 197 so can't tell you much about it. It is the desktop/mobile version of the 106. For mobile use the Unidens 996 or Home Patrol may be a better choice since you can hook a GPS to it. Makes it easier on the go, but it is more money.

bratsch

I just purchased a pro 197 radio scanner today, I am using in my house only, but all I can say is this thing is loud and clear, I also have the pro 106, which I like, but the 197 is a whole lot cleaner sounding. Sure bigger speaker has something to do with it, but right now I am smiling :)

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
After looking up where you live, Perry County, It is all analog. You don't need a digital. The BCT15X should suit your needs. It can use a GPS and you can get it for less than $300. I use to have one in my vehicle and it worked great for a mobile. Take a look at the Radio shack and GRE analog scanners as well to compare.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I want to buy a digital scanner to put in my truck. I have a radio shack pro 106 mobile that I carry with me right now, but I want one that I can mount. I don't have a fortune to spend and wouldn't care to buy a used one, nothing over about $300. Thanks for your input.

---
I am here: Google Maps

Just clip that pro-106 to your visor or in a cell phone mount, add external speaker and then you're ready for the road! :)

n9zas

Duramaxman

Premium Subscriber
Just clip that pro-106 to your visor or in a cell phone mount, add external speaker and then you're ready for the road! :)

n9zas

Well, I keep switching it from the house to my truck. I don't want to wear my antenna hookup out, And I just like the way they look :)

Nasby

Go for the Radio Shack PRO-197. Its on sale, has a cool display, loud audio and can be cloned/programmed with the same software as the PRO-106.

Status
Not open for further replies.