Which new scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpsTN

With all the talk about this new system and that new system, this change and that change, I know I want a digital scanner, but which ones are most likely to be compatible with "what is to come"? I currently use a PRO-164. I hear some of the changes will not "work" with the PRO-106s.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Do you know the Specs. of the systems that are coming online? If not, I would suggest waiting till you do. Why throw money into a scanner just guessing it may work?

Just my .02, nothing more.

cpsTN

I agree. Currently, the agencies within my county use systems compatible with the scanner I have (PRO-164). I cannot monitor Nashville (next county) because it is digital. I know what availiable scanners will work with what is around me, but I keep hearing about this or that agency moving to this or that system without anyone knowing anything yet. Since my current scanner works for me now, I might just wait until late '12 or until early '13 to make a change. I have been using this one for 3 years now, and we all know things don't happen quickly in Gov't. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.