Which one would you keep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rja1

Premium Subscriber
Going to start thinning out some stuff I don't use, starting with ICOM receivers. I've got a couple R2's, an R5 & a NIB R6 (Blue). Performance wise, does one these stand out above the others?

Thanks,
Bob
N2OAM

DeepBlue

Edited. thought you said R20. If you have the ability, sell them all and get the R30? I am selling off my AOR DV1 and my R20 to get the R30 and some additional EME gear but the R20 and now the R30 are really good. I love my R20 but it is time to bump up a notch, especially before we head out on vacation. The R30 is going to make a nice beach radio. :)

S

rja1

Premium Subscriber
Ok, so I'll keep the R6. Have an R30, great rig. I use it to listen to a P25 TRS. It's a utility, so not much traffic unless there is a weather event. It BLOWS AWAY my SDS100 listening to this system. The R30 hears sites that can't be heard on the SDS. Sorry I ever bought the 100.

palmerjrusa

I'd keep one of the IC-R2's and the blue IC-R6 (got a red one of those).
These little Icom wideband receivers are fantastic, I'm never gonna part with my IC-R2 for sentimental reason, I've sold radios before and lived to bitterly regret it.
If you have to sell one or two to raise funds, get the IC-R30, it's a great performer.

mrkelso

Ok, so I'll keep the R6. Have an R30, great rig. I use it to listen to a P25 TRS. It's a utility, so not much traffic unless there is a weather event. It BLOWS AWAY my SDS100 listening to this system. The R30 hears sites that can't be heard on the SDS. Sorry I ever bought the 100.

I agree

DeepBlue

It does have a nice Bluetooth Android control app though. Plus Bluetooth audio out to a separate device. Now that's fairly cool stuff. I use mine for basic listening. If I need trunking I grab the 436HP. I like the R30. Better so far than the aging R20. Sound is better and certainly louder.

S.

Status
Not open for further replies.