Which scanner for Norwich township

Status
Not open for further replies.

dankoos

sorry to butt in on this...but I am researching what type of scanner to get. I live in Hilliard and I am most interested in scanning Hilliard PD and Norwich Township Fire/Northwest. What is the cheapest portable scanner I can get to receive these frequencies? Any help/info/links greatly appreciated.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
I moved this to your own thread.

Please do not hijack other threads with off topic questions. This is against the rules.

16b

Premium Subscriber
To receive NTFD and HPD you will need a scanner that can pick up the Central Ohio Interoperable Radio System. See the database page: Central Ohio Interoperable Radio System (COIRS) Trunking System, Delaware, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

Since this system is a Project 25 digital system, the scanner you buy will not be cheap. No way around this.

If you want a new scanner, a couple of models that will support this system are:
Whistler 1040: Whistler Group - Product Catalog
Uniden BCD396XT: BCD396XT Compact APCO 25 Handheld Scanner - Scanners at Uniden

If you are OK with a used scanner, I would suggest looking for a RadioShack PRO-106 or a GRE PSR-500 (basically the same thing).

dankoos

Appreciate the info....so is this the Radio Shack scanner:

RadioShack Pro 106 | eBay

To receive NTFD and HPD you will need a scanner that can pick up the Central Ohio Interoperable Radio System. See the database page: Central Ohio Interoperable Radio System (COIRS) Trunking System, Delaware, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

Since this system is a Project 25 digital system, the scanner you buy will not be cheap. No way around this.

If you want a new scanner, a couple of models that will support this system are:
Whistler 1040: Whistler Group - Product Catalog
Uniden BCD396XT: BCD396XT Compact APCO 25 Handheld Scanner - Scanners at Uniden

If you are OK with a used scanner, I would suggest looking for a RadioShack PRO-106 or a GRE PSR-500 (basically the same thing).

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Yes that's the one. Like the above poster said, the GRE PSR-500 and the Radioshack PRO-106 are essentially the same thing. If I remember correctly, the PSR-500 came brand new with a free USB cord (for computer software programming), so if you can find one of those "new in box", then you got a hell of a deal. But yes either of those models work perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.