which scanner should i get...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cujofan2468

yes, i had a pro-97 that gave me problems since the day i bought it, it finally just quit working. my first scanner was a pro-94 and it was awesome. never gave me problems, ex-wife decided to slam it on the concrete the day we separated which led me to upgrade to the pro-97 in which i regret getting. should get another 94 or upgrade to another scanner.

thanks,

richard in texas

eyes00only

I have a 94 & 95, and some other older ones. The 95 made by GRE is MUCH better than the 94 made by Uniden. I don't know who makes the 97, but I have read good things about it. If you don't need digital, I would suggest a 95, but I'm not sure if they're sold new anymore.

Jerry

jeffrey420

The Pro-97 is made by GRE. The 97 is avery good scanner once you learn how to use it. I am very happy with mine. What kind of problems were you having?

buffalogoat

I agree with the others! The PRO-97 is an awesome scanner for the money. You must have gotten one made on a Friday! lol I think the PRO-95 would be a good second choice. I would stay away from the PRO-94!

mike_webb59

It depends also on whether you plan to monitor Motorola Trunked Systems, as the FCC rebanding due to take place in the next few years may affect your scanning. Also whether your area has any digital talkgroups. The Pro-97 is a great buy, but it may also be a good idea to buy a good used Pro-95 that you can retire to EDACS or covnetional duty when the rebanding comes through your town.

KLH

Feed Provider
I've never heard anyone say they like the PRO 94 better than the 97.

VintageJon

"...my first scanner was a pro-94 and it was awesome. never gave me problems, ex-wife decided to slam it on the concrete the day we separated..."

Thank God you are seperated from this horrible person. File a Small-Claims-Court-Suit for the original cost of the 94 and the cost of the 97 and teach the ***** a lesson. It'll help her in the long-run. (Destructive people need heavy meds or detention.)

If you are in a APCO 25 area I highly recommend Pro-96 GRE/RS. Otherwise there are many choices for analog.

73's,
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.