Which scanner works best for New Jersey State Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
my scanner is a Whistler ws1080 I sometimes Miss Transmissions when scanning State Police Troop B was wondering if there is another scanner that won't miss Transmissions as much im looking at uniden BCD536HP or the whistler ws1095. Thanks for the info

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
You may just be experiencing gaps in the systems coverage. It happens and there are lots of bad areas for reception especially if you're mobile with a portable in the car. Have you tried an 800MHz band specific antenna? I use a 15 year old scanner on this system and it works great.

ansky

Any analog trunking scanner will work fine. You don't need an expensive 536.

KI4SXZ

When I drive through I don't seem to have any problems with my 536. But then again, I only really monitor the TP & GSP troops. But the site switching of the 536 is better than my 996. I have a mobile tri band on the car that picks up well, but is a little shoty down on the southern (1 - 3) part of the TP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
You may just be experiencing gaps in the systems coverage. It happens and there are lots of bad areas for reception especially if you're mobile with a portable in the car. Have you tried an 800MHz band specific antenna? I use a 15 year old scanner on this system and it works great.

how do you use a 15 year old scanner The NJSP system is rebranded i how does it work ?

Joseph11

My PRO-651, PRO-652, PRO-18, PRO-668, and TRX-2 all work great with it. Since it's simulcast, you're bound to have issues with it unless you experiment with antennas.

Status
Not open for further replies.