Which "site" to use for Cook-south?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I didn't find any results through a search.

Trying to program my 396XT with Freescan (and now ARC XT-PRO) and am having a hell of a time getting it to work. When I go to import the sites, I see there are two choices for Cook-south (for the time being, I'll be monitoring from Alsip), and I'm not sure which one is best. One site is all 7xxMHz freqs and the other is all 8xxMHz freqs. I've tried it first with one site and when that didn't work, I tried the other site. When that didn't work, I tried both sites and that didn't work either. **Throws up arms in frustration and disgust**

I'm probably doing something else wrong seeing that nothing is working. I've tried changing settings, using ID-Scan and ID-Search, but all to no avail. I'm about ready to put head to either my desk top or the wall (or perhaps both!!).

If anyone has any insight, I'd sure appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Okay, I think I've got it. It appears as if it's the Cook-south site with the 7xxMHz freqs that's going to work. I've got it programmed in along with a few TGID's and I'm finally hearing stuff (road conditions really suck out there). Not sure what I did differently on the umpteenth try, but it works and that's what counts. It's not much at the moment, but it definitely gives me something to build on.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.