Which software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
I'm just inquiring which software should I use for my BCD325P2? I'm looking at getting the DMR update. I know I'm probably opening a can of worms as everyone's opinion is different. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
PROSCAN or BUTEL ARC XT are the only ones that do DMR on the P2 series scanners. My choice is PROSCAN but both have free trials. PROSCAN also supports MOST UNIDEN scanners for the same price.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
I've used both. Registered version of ARC-XT, and the free version of Proscan which will be registered soon after I get off this layoff..

For me Proscan wins hands down. All the extra bells and whistles you get with it can be fun. They both import from the database, which makes it easy to import.. Changes can be done just as easy in either one..

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm just inquiring which software should I use for my BCD325P2? I'm looking at getting the DMR update. I know I'm probably opening a can of worms as everyone's opinion is different. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
As Budd and Gene both noted, FreeSCAN can program the 325P2 for system modes other than DMR.

What I did was use my existing 396 file in FreeSCAN to program the 325P2 for current systems (excepting those that were Phase II, since the 396T & XT don't handle that mode), then 'read' the scanner into ProScan to get a jump start on creating a new file.

Then I added the DMR and Phase II systems of interest & saved the updated file, then wrote that back to the 325.

Note if you try to read the 325 with FreeSCAN, it will error out on importing any DMR systems, and you'll have a corrupted file in the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.