Which Stream would you like?

Which Feed Would you want?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryton

We will be losing a very dedicated Feed provider here in Pinellas County, Klentathu. He will be leaving the state at the end of February, and he is taking his feeds with him :) He was running the Pinellas county Sheriffs office, Saint Petersburg PD, Pinellas Park PD. When we lost the Fire and EMS, He graciously Stepped up and added the Fire groups to his feed as well. He has asked if anyone would take his place (we need 2 providers). I have been seriously contemplating this. My new BCD996XT should arrive tomorrow. I would like to hear from the Masses, what would you like? Sheriff's office, Fire? or Other?.. If other, please describe.. Thanks..

Tryton

mitbr

We will be losing a very dedicated Feed provider here in Pinellas County, Klentathu. He will be leaving the state at the end of February, and he is taking his feeds with him :) He was running the Pinellas county Sheriffs office, Saint Petersburg PD, Pinellas Park PD. When we lost the Fire and EMS, He graciously Stepped up and added the Fire groups to his feed as well. He has asked if anyone would take his place (we need 2 providers). I have been seriously contemplating this. My new BCD996XT should arrive tomorrow. I would like to hear from the Masses, what would you like? Sheriff's office, Fire? or Other?.. If other, please describe.. Thanks..

Tryton

Thank you Tryton for doing this I am the Clearwater PD feed provider.
I can add to my feed other agencies if needed let me know.
Thanks also to Klentathu for providing the pd and ems feed we will miss you good luck on your move and we look forward to listen to your new feed at your new location.
Tim
kg4jjs

Tryton

Hi all, I got the Approved to host the Fire and EMS feeds, It will have Alpha tags as well, I should have it up this evening. Thanks Again Everyone, I would like to say a HUGE Thank you to pinellasscanman for hosting the Fire/EMS feeds for all this time! Great Job!!!

hernandoscanman

Premium Subscriber
RE:pinellas County Fire & EMS feed

Thanks Tryton! it was sad to let the feed go but with working for Sunstar full-time and other life events i could not keep it up. thanks for keeping it going! love the Alpha tags! nice touch, i was thinking of hosting the PD & Sheriffs office feed after Klentathu stops his feed. BTW Klentathu thank you very much for your help and advice with my feed. and for helping me out the last couple of months with streaming the FD TAC`S good luck with the move and cant wait to hear the action at your new area. thanks again!

Tryton

Great to hear you will still be a provider! Thanks for allowing me to take over your feed! Hopefully I will be 1/2 as good as Klentathu and yourself! I will re-start the feed full time on Monday, 10:00am. 73's

Tryton

Klentathu

Premium Subscriber
Great to hear that the feed will continue upon my leaving....a feed that I am sure will be going to full digital sometime in the next year. I met up with one of my buddies from the SO who was on duty yesterday....both his portable radio and in-car radio have been replaced with digital and encrypted capable radios. With the Republican National Convention coming to Tampa in August, many of the high profile politicos will probably be staying at hotels on the Pinellas beaches. Federal money is available for upgrades....I sure hope they don't go full NSA Anti-terrorism 256 bit rotating encryption...but, that is not out of the realm of possibility, at least for some talk groups...after all, SWAT, Narcotics, Intel, TAC, and the SAO are already encrypted.

Fortunately for me...I am going to an area where VHF analog is still king of the hill (literally, as in Smokey Mountains), so my 20 year old scanners will still work just fine in Murphy, Cherokee County, North Carolina, which has a Fire/EMS feed but no Sheriff/PD feed.

kayleesdad

so gulfport pd moved dispatch to pcso...i guess i missed that in kevin's feed notes but now that i hear gulfport units on pcso so it must be so. should the RF database be updated?

edit: as always a day late and a dollar short - the database has been updated!

Last edited:

Klentathu

Premium Subscriber
Gulfport PD Dispatch

Actually, Wise871 has already updated the talk group page to deprecate the Law Dispatch group for Gulfport and indicate the S.O. dispatches for them. That page does not, however, indicate that Kenneth City and Indian/Redington Shores are also dispatched by the S.O. The other contract cities are patrolled under contract by the S.O. so they don't need to be included. T.I., Belleair, Tarpon Springs and St. Pete Beach still maintain their own police departments and dispatch centers as far as the smaller towns go.

PS, I did add the Gulfport info to my feed notes, but only just recently when I found out.

PPS: For those who listen with their own scanners, the fleet ID groups for the smaller towns dispatched by the S.O. are still used by the individual agencies as TAC channels, both car to car and PD to car. The smaller towns that don't have dispatchers still have daytime public hours and typically have a secretary/records clerk/Chief of Police Administrative Assistant who answers the non-emergency phone and pretty much does the work that six different people would do in a large agency. After hours, they switch the phones over either to the S.O. switchboard or to a dedicated cell phone carried by a supervisor.

Last edited:

miccona

Need Pinellas Park PD and fire

Hello i am new to his but i have searched and cant find a feed with Pinellas Park Police and fire dept. Is it possible for someone to provide a feed for these two agencies. I am currently using action scanner pro.
Thanks also to Klentathu for providing the pd and ems feed we will miss you good luck on your move and we look forward to listen to your new feed at your new location.
Tim
kg4jjs

David

The North county feed , Patrol 4 is no longer active
it is not even listed anymore
the other feed onlys feds patrols 1,2 and 3

miccona

attention feed providers please help

Feed providers..........is it possible to add the pinellas park pd talkgroups to one of your live feedsi work in tampa and cant pick them up while i am at work please let me know if someone can do this thank you in advance.

Tim
kg4jjs

miccona

One other thing these cities are on complete different systems Pinellas park is on p25 Clearwater and largo share one system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tryton

Hello Miccona, I got your messages. I have been very involved with work.. as for the FD, it's dispatched by the county, so the Fire& EMS feed will have that.. So far, you are the only one that has requested Pinellas Park PD. The problem is the 2 city's I host are very busy, I don't want to overload the feed.. BUT, I I get more requests I would consider it.. Tryton

Status
Not open for further replies.