Can someone give me an idea of which NYSP troops cover the following areas,

Hutchinson Parkway from the CT line to I-287
I-287 to and across the Tappenzee Bridge
I-87 to the NJ line and GSP.

Thanks.

CqDx

Hutchinson Parkway from the CT line to I-287 - Troop K

I-287 to and across the Tappenzee Bridge
I-87 to the NJ line and GSP. - Troop T (Thruway)

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
NYSP normally does not patrol the Hutch...it is patrolled by the Westchester County Police, 155.310 PL 192.8

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to both of you. I'll have to Westchester County PD to the scanner. I see there's also a PS UHF trunk, but since I have never stopped on that stretch of road, I think the VHF channel will be fine for me. I've never seen a police cruiser of any type on that stretch of road. I think I've seen one Troop T unit in the several trips I've made over the past five years.

Alarms50

The Westchester County UHF Trunked System is not for routine Police use. This System is for Fire, EMS, BeeLine Bus System and Interoperability.

studgeman

Premium Subscriber
Every county (outside of New York City) in New York is requried to have a sheriff whose job is to serve warrents, and run a jail. Patrol duties are secondary to that and therefore can be divided up as a county sees fit.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Every county (outside of New York City) in New York is requried to have a sheriff whose job is to serve warrents, and run a jail. Patrol duties are secondary to that and therefore can be divided up as a county sees fit.

New York City has a sheriff as well. Covers all five boros.

Status
Not open for further replies.