Which type of scanner Analog or Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenspoor

I live in Maine and just purchased a nice PRO 137 scanner at Radio Shack and have the program from Scancat and it works great. MY QUESTION...... Did I make the right decision buying this analog or should I have spent the money and bought the PRO 106 digital/trunking scanner. I love what I have and it serves me well BUT what about the near future. Is the state of Maine or New England going digital soon and if so should I sell my 137 and purchase the 106 when it goes on sale? Your responses will be deeply appreciated.

mciupa

Hi glenspoor, welcome to RadioReference :)

You seem happy with your purchase , so enjoy it for your home area for now. For most of us in large metro areas, a trunktracking scanner is a must.
I suppose if you wish to travel, it would be wise to have a digital scanner so that you could monitor the goings-on in the area that you are visiting.
You could probably sign up for an e-mail alert for when the 106 will be going on sale.

Keep an eye on the Announcement forum and neighboring state regional forum for changing news on radio systems in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.