WS1040: Whistler 1040 Audio Skipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisromero

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I just got my scanner and programmed with ARC 500,how ever the audio is skipping on on the local police frequencies it is a trunked EDACS system any solutions. I am located in Las Cruces, New Mexico.

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
"skipping on on the local police frequencies"

I assume you mean you've programmed it as an EDACS trunk system and the local police talkgroups are doing something you were not expecting....

Is this correct so far?

If yes then - are you receiving other users/talkgroups on that system without any issues?

When you say "skipping" - can you be more specific? Are you hearing voice calls but they are broken up? Or do they have regular intervals of dropout of voice during a call?

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Make sure priority is NOT set for any frequency including weather.

chrisromero

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanks

"skipping on on the local police frequencies"

I assume you mean you've programmed it as an EDACS trunk system and the local police talkgroups are doing something you were not expecting....

Is this correct so far?

If yes then - are you receiving other users/talkgroups on that system without any issues?

When you say "skipping" - can you be more specific? Are you hearing voice calls but they are broken up? Or do they have regular intervals of dropout of voice during a call?

Ok I am hearing other talk groups like city bus and city employee which I didn’t pick when I programmed it. Also in this video you can see what I mean by skipping audio https://youtu.be/54uDZtu6i6A.

Any suggestions

chrisromero

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Make sure priority is NOT set for any frequency including weather.

I don’t believe any are set to priority I just selected which groups I wanted and got stuck with all of I think because I can hear city employees, and the bus depot.

troymail

Silent Key
I'd try making some squelch adjustments first.... Also, it looks like you've only programmed Scanlist 1 so I'd turn (toggle) off all of the other scanlists....

If that doesn't work, I'd be willing/interested in seeing your configuration....

chrisromero

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not sure what’s I did just selected which talkgroups I wanted and uploaded it to my scanner and pressed scan and well this happened. How do I toggle the other scanlist off?

chrisromero

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Looks like it’s working not so much cutting out thanks! And I’m not sure what wild cards are but I locked them out and I seem to no longer hear city employees.

troymail

Silent Key
Looks like it’s working not so much cutting out thanks! And I’m not sure what wild cards are but I locked them out and I seem to no longer hear city employees.

Wildcards can be set for "talkgroups" and "radios" to find things that you do not have programmed.

A "talkgroup" is a "group call" where all radios that are switched to that talkgroup hear the conversation.

You should not use a "talkgroup" Wildcard unless you have programmed ALL known "talkgroups". If for example a system has 100 "talkgroups" and you only program 25 and also a wildcard, you'll start hearing the 75 you didn't program but without any description.

If you want to find new talkgroups, program all known talkgroups and then lock out those you don't want to listen to. The widlcard will check all of your programming and determine if the talkgroup is known and if you have it locked out. If a new TGID is found and isn't in your programming, you'll hear it.

A "radio" wildcard is used to find "private calls" - essentially, this is a direct "radio to radio" call - like making a phone call - you and one other person (generally).

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Turn off Global Attenuation... i see the big G in your icon display...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Turn off Global Attenuation... i see the big G in your icon display...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

His display is showing that his attenuation is set for global mode, but it is not on. An "A" (for active) would appear next to the "G" if it was turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.