Whistler 1040 digital scannner/Weymouth PD

Tshee23

Premium Subscriber
Im looking into a digital scanner so I can listen in to the majority of the South Shore whom have changed over to digital, mostly Weymouth PD. Will it pick them up? It says it only receives P25 phase I and Weymouth PD is phase II but my buddies dad has one and he gets them fine, which confuses me. Probably a dumb question

Additionally, does anyone know who runs the Plymouth County scanner feed on Broadcastify? Tac 9 channel comes in as static every so often making it unbearable to listen to

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
Database shows Weymouth PD as P25 conventional, P25 Phase-II only applies to trunked radio systems, there's no such thing as Phase-II conventional. That said the WS1040 should pick them up fine

Weymouth
FrequencyInputLicenseTypeToneAlpha TagDescriptionModeTag
470.9375473.9375KCA985RM270 NACWeymouth PDPolice OperationsP25Law Dispatch
472.325475.325WQCS888RM270 NACWeymouth PD2Police SecondaryP25Law Tac

tvengr

Well Known Member
Additionally, does anyone know who runs the Plymouth County scanner feed on Broadcastify? Tac 9 channel comes in as static every so often making it unbearable to listen to
Is it a conventional frequency or on a trunked system? It could be encrypted part of the time.

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
I don't believe Weymouth is phase 2, they're phase 1 P25 to my knowledge? I don't live close enough to receive and confirm but the database shows them as single frequency with the usual NAC 270

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
Best course of action here would be to report the issue to the feed provider as shown below. Not all feed providers monitor the forums
1722176443788.png

garys

Premium Subscriber
Phase 2 only applies to P25 systems that use TDMA. Which isn't a lot of them... yet.

Conventional P25 is FDMA.

TDMA channels can have two talk groups, FDMA have only one. Which is the simple explanation.

To answer the original question, yes it will receive Weymouth PD fine. It will also receive any other PD or FD in the area that has moved to P25. It will get Quincy PD 1 and 2, but 3 is encrypted most of the time.

I don't believe Weymouth is phase 2, they're phase 1 P25 to my knowledge? I don't live close enough to receive and confirm but the database shows them as single frequency with the usual NAC 270