Whistler 1040 help (I'm new)

russelljmott

Followed directions exactly and imported using PSRedit500... display shows scanning with absolutely ZERO sound coming from the scanner.

Attempting multiple frequencies for Hancock and Penobscot Counties in Maine. (Fire, PD, EMS). Is this scanner just not gonna cut it for my area?

Thanks in advance!

russelljmott

Is this the system you're trying to monitor?

Here is the "Easier to Read" manual for your scanner:

No, I'm looking at Hancock County (Sheriff, EMS, FIre) in Maine Hancock County, Maine (ME) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference and Penobscot County in Maine (Sheriff, EMS, Fire) Penobscot County, Maine (ME) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference It appears as if all of the data imported onto the scanner perfectly and it appears to scan through all of the agencies but there is zero traffic coming out of the scanner (fresh batteries, brand new scanner arrived in the mail an hour ago).

Last edited:

fredva

Feed Provider
That scanner should be capable of receiving the agencies you are interested in. There might be a reception problem if you are using the stock antenna, which has its limitations. Try hitting the WX button to monitor the NOAA weather broadcasts and see if you can receive that. If you can't receive that inside, try going outside and see if it makes a difference.

russelljmott

That scanner should be capable of receiving the agencies you are interested in. There might be a reception problem if you are using the stock antenna, which has its limitations. Try hitting the WX button to monitor the NOAA weather broadcasts and see if you can receive that. If you can't receive that inside, try going outside and see if it makes a difference.
LOL...well that blew my ear drums! I had the volume turned all the way up before hitting that button...nope that's loud and clear inside my house...

tvengr

Well Known Member
Please attach your PSREdit500 programming file and I will check it for problems. What is your city? You will need to right click on the file and Send to Compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped folder.

russelljmott

Please attach your PSREdit500 programming file and I will check it for problems. What is your city? You will need to right click on the file and Send to Compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped folder.
Where do I find the programming file?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There's several resources that can help you with PSREdit500 as well as understanding how the radio works. We have extensive FAQs on all of these scanners in our wiki. From our FAQ

and finally our FAQ for the 1040 and related

Mike