WS1040: Whistler 1040 New out of Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambieWI

I live in northern Wisconsin Dead center between two counties Ashland and Bayfield. I just bought the WS 1040 because it's specs say it can handle PS25 trunking. I download the PSREdit500 software and installed it.

1.I was able to work my way through importing a trunking database from RadioReference.com.
2. I selected Standard and Alt Frequency option.
3.Then I selected a small subset for testing the upload.
4.It upload fine and it scanned through those frequencies..

So here is where it becomes a problem.

I wanted to then upload the same sample subset from the adjoining county. Note: the Counties have cooperative arrangements for EMS and Fire Services. So I followed the same steps 1-4 as above for the second county. But when I went to upload it WARNED it would overwrite the current sets.

Sure enough the first set of frequencies were gone having been replaced by the second county set.
Can the WS1040 handle more than one set of trunk frequencies? Or what am I doing wrong.

Then there are the conventional frequencies that are in my Uniden BC125AT scanner that I want to load as well. Help.

troymail

Silent Key
I'm not super familiar with PSREdit - it's been years since I played with it (but just downloaded a 30 day copy out of renewed curiosity). I use Win500.

Anyway - you can put multiple systems and groups of channels in the radio - either in the same scan list or different scan lists. It's probably just a question of how you import the data into a configuration. However, each time you write to the scanner, it will overwrite the current "active" configuration.

The scanner also has what are known as V-Scanner Folders. These are "storage areas" for various configurations. However, you can only load one of these configurations at any given time.

You'll really want to at least "skim" something like Mark's Easier To Read documentation to get a sense of what you can do with the radio - independent of what software you are using.

hill

Premium Subscriber
You also need to change the default bank, so each ends up in a different scan list.

I have always used the Starrsoft programs for all my Radio Shack scanners, so WIN500 for me.

jambieWI

WS 1040

Thanks to all who replied I will take the advised and do some additional reading over the weekend. Stay tuned I will let you know how it goes.

THANKS AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.