Whistler 1040 software

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenmcrae

Premium Subscriber
It would be best if you had one of the programs that works with the WS 1040. Then you can download the system right into the scanner. Also if doesn't work someone on this site can look at your programming file to see if they can fix it.

As all this radio software runs on just windows computers would just find a cheap one or used one. Doesn't need to be latest or greatest one, even ones with older operating systems still will work.
where should i purchase software for my new ws1040,for trunking p25 phase 1 sedgwick county ks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
where should i purchase software for my new ws1040,for trunking p25 phase 1 sedgwick county ks
Welcome to RadioReference kenmcrae

For your new scanner, start with this Wiki page. Be sure & explore the various links on the page:

For more specific details on software, see this page:

All three of the software programs that can be used for your scanner (Win500, PSREdit500, and ARC500) have a 30 day free trial. Try each of them & see which you like best. All three will handle your programming. The field layouts on the programs, for entering your programming, are slightly different. You may find you prefer one above the others. I have all three. I prefer Win500, then PSREdit500, and lastly ARC500. That's my prder of preference, but you will find a number of members here in the forum whose preferences differ from mine. Try them all, then purchase a license ofr your favorite. There are no free programs to your scanner model.

One word of caution: If you decide you like Win500, there have been some reports of people that paid for the software, but then had problems getting the keys to activate the software for full use. Use a credit card for purchase; that way, you have a way to get a refund if needed. Most of the ones that had issues used PayPal for their transaction.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I have a Butel ARC500 file for Sedgwick County, including Wichita, which I would be happy to share with you. ARC500 Basic is all you need to program the scanner. The Pro version has additional logging functions. Download and install the software for the free trial period to see if you like it. You can download the software and purchase the key if you decide you want it through scannermaster.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.