Whistler 1065 Antenna upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaredhaggerty

Hello all,
I have a whistler 1065 and am wanting to upgrade my antenna from the factory one to one that can increase my range and reception of locals. Not trying to mount anything on my roof something that I could install in my house near a window or skmething would be nice. Any suggestions?

thanks in advance!

DJ11DLN

There is not going to be any all-inclusive solution here. Different antennas will work better with different frequencies, so you need to define what you're wanting to hear before anybody can make a recommendation.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
I just ordered the WSG-430 Super Gainer Handheld Antenna from Whistler, which is for portable scanners and has a BNC connector. The specs state it receives 25-1800MHz and the gain is 2.15db on 430 MHz.
jimg

tvengr

Well Known Member
I just ordered the WSG-430 Super Gainer Handheld Antenna from Whistler, which is for portable scanners and has a BNC connector. The specs state it receives 25-1800MHz and the gain is 2.15db on 430 MHz.
jimg
The Whistler 1065 is a base/mobile scanner with the antenna connector on the rear.

jnlannon

NK2J
The Whistler 1065 is a base/mobile scanner with the antenna connector on the rear.
Good point tvengr, that WSG-430 could work with a BNC 90° adaptor though.
@Jaredhaggerty, I like the Comet Original BNC-W100RX 25MHz-1300MHz since it bends at the connector from behind the radio. The drawback is you'll need to fine-tune it for the bandwidth you're receiving (same as the included antenna), but you won't find a multi-band whip antenna that can mount right to the back of the radio. The Comet is a lot longer for lower frequencies and fatter for more gain than the puny antenna Whistler includes.
Good luck and please let us know what you end up doing.

Whistler_Support

Whistler Representative
Premium Subscriber
Hello all,
I have a whistler 1065 and am wanting to upgrade my antenna from the factory one to one that can increase my range and reception of locals. Not trying to mount anything on my roof something that I could install in my house near a window or skmething would be nice. Any suggestions?

thanks in advance!

The WMM-160, WMM-460 or WMM-860 will allow you to keep your scanner where it is and place the antenna closer to a window to improve your reception.

Portable Handheld antennas such as the WSG-430 and SA800 (tuned port 800MHz antenna) can attach to many Base type scanners via a right angle BNC adapter purchased separately.

Currently there is a 20% off Scanner accessory deal going on until Halloween on Scanner Accessories.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
I received the WSG-430 antenna from Whistler. So far, it is receiving quite well!
jimg

Whistler_Support

Whistler Representative
Premium Subscriber
We are happy you like the new WSG-430 antenna.
We evaluated many different antennas from a variety of manufactures to make sure we provided our customers the best performing antennas.

Many antennas look alike but not all that look alike perform the same.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
We are happy you like the new WSG-430 antenna.
We evaluated many different antennas from a variety of manufactures to make sure we provided our customers the best performing antennas.

Many antennas look alike but not all that look alike perform the same.
In fact, I'm using it INSIDE my vehicle, attached directly to my TRX-1, which is mounted in a cell phone cup holder.
And, to me, it seems to receive better than when I had it affixed to a bnc magnet mount on top of the vehicle's roof.
jimg

i have 2 of these radios....i am running (with f to bnc adaptors)
75 ohm rg6 quad shield (the impedance mismatch is ok for receive only) to a roof mounted TV antenna....works great for me

Status
Not open for further replies.