Whistler 1065 programming Was: HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All! Just finally received my new Whistler 1065 and am not able to program it. I signed up for the radio reference site as well as PSRedit as it told me know but still cant figure it out. any help would really be greatly appreciated.

baj76

Uniden fanboy
what systems are you trying to program? (state,city or county)

baj76

Uniden fanboy
also i recommend searching youtube for videos on how to program your 1065

I have the pc/if cable that hooks up to computer. I’m ready to pay someone to program it at this point. Lol

YouTube wasn’t a help. I tried that. Thank you though !!

Woburn Massachusetts and Lowell Massachusetts

janetzak

Premium Subscriber
what systems are you trying to program? (state,city or county)
I'm in the same boat, bought this whistler for my husband and have no clue what I'm doing. I have it plugged in with the usb programming cable, i have psr400 and radioreference on the computer, i have the membership, and i even got as far as selecting the channels, but, when I go to radio, upload to radio, and click yes to continue with download, it says, unable to open com1 please make sure usb cable is connected and try again: port does not exist. Can someone help

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I'm in the same boat, bought this whistler for my husband and have no clue what I'm doing. I have it plugged in with the usb programming cable, i have psr400 and radioreference on the computer, i have the membership, and i even got as far as selecting the channels, but, when I go to radio, upload to radio, and click yes to continue with download, it says, unable to open com1 please make sure usb cable is connected and try again: port does not exist. Can someone help

Did you install the drivers for the cable? Without those it will continue to have issues.

eyes00only

I've never used PSRedit so not sure how to help you find the correct port. I'm sure someone will help you.
This is a great website! Hang in there.

baj76

Uniden fanboy
to find the correct port, on top of psr edit screen, click on configuration and then click serial port settings

Status
Not open for further replies.