Whistler 1065 Scanner Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilliamW

Hello, I recently bought a new Whistler 1065 scanner as a hobby to listen to the emergency corporations in my city. I realize that many use motorola radios with the P25 system and on a single frequency I can listen to many companies, I want to make a filter to only listen to one but I don't know how .... I was looking for videos but nobody explains how to fix my problem and the canner manual is so short ... can someone tell help me out or give a tutorial, I would really really appreciate it.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
First it would be helpful if we knew where are you are and exactly what system you want to monitor.

Note that it is called a "system" not a frequency. The system is made up of many frequencies and is generically called a "trunked radio system". It used to be that an agency would communicate on a single frequency; we now call that "conventional". But on these (P25) systems, one frequency contains data that instructs radios what frequency/channel a specific conversation (group) is communicating on.

To best program that radio you should use software (and a cable to connect the scanner to your PC). It is likely that someone here can even share a file with you that might completely meet your needs, or at least be a starting point. For starters you can read the Wiki page for your scanner here on RR. It can lead you to what software is available and other resources.

tvengr

Well Known Member
If we knew where you are, what model scanner you have, and what you want to monitor, we can give you a hand on how to set it up the way you would like it.

hill

Premium Subscriber
Model of the scanner is the title of this it's a WS 1065.

If it's conventional P25 and not a Trunked Radio System you will just have to listen to all the radio traffic on the frequency.

It would help us for you to post your location and what you are trying to listen to,

Status
Not open for further replies.