Whistler 1065 setup

CmB12

Premium Subscriber
I just bought a Whistler 1065 scanner and was wondering what software program is needed to make it operate,I am a premium subscriber on radio reference and located in Norway Michigan.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I just bought a Whistler 1065 scanner and was wondering what software program is needed to make it operate,I am a premium subscriber on radio reference and located in Norway Michigan.
Have you tried a search of WS1065 in the search box upper right? There have been numerous posts about this scanner and programming lately.

tvengr

Well Known Member
You can use either ARC500 or PSREdit500 software. Both have a free trial period to decide which one you like better. Win500 can also be used but the software seems to be abandoned and some members have had problems obtaining keys after paying for them. ARC500 Basic is all you need to program the scanner. The Pro version adds logging functions.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'll do you one better...the following article from our wiki has LOTS of information on this scanner, including video links and a link for the Easier to Read Guide. This article also links to an article that has links for the software tvengr mentioned (and there are even videos for ARC500)

Mike

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
All public safety for Dickinson County use the MPSCS for their primary communications, including the Road Commission which is a P25 Phase 2 system and your scanner will not receive. However, the good news, a check of the database and a look at the mode column, shows your county is still Phase 1, if it had a T it is Phase 2, other letters you might see is E for encrypted which no scanner will receive/decode.

CmB12

Premium Subscriber
Can you add additional frequencies to your scanner list without having to upload everything that you have saved already?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Can you add additional frequencies to your scanner list without having to upload everything that you have saved already?
For that specific scanner model (Whistler WS1065), no. Whenever you upload a file from your software to the scanner, it replaces anything that was programmed.

Instead, if you saved your initial programing file, then add whatever you want there. If it was not saved (say, because somebody else programmed it for you), then "read" the scanner into the software on your computer, make any changes or additions there, then reload the updated file to the scanner. (Post 4 above lists the software that can work with your scanner. If you have not, yet, bought software, you can still install one of those software programs on your PC, and use it during the 30-day free trial,

CmB12

Premium Subscriber
I did discover that it erases everything if you add something so I saved a file for my frequencies and will work off of that.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I did discover that it erases everything if you add something so I saved a file for my frequencies and will work off of that.
When you upload a file to the scanner, it overwrites all of the scan lists already in the scanner. You cannot add one scan list at a time. All of the data for all of the scan lists must be in the file when you upload to scanner. If you don't have the original file, you can download from scanner into the software, make the additions or changes you want, and then upload back to the scanner. Always remember to save your files.