Whistler 1065 Trunked programing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spflowers92470

Premium Subscriber
Hi just got myself a Whistler 1065 (I got a good deal on it) and it seems to be working fine, even though St Joe Cnty IN has a simulcast system it seems to be working well. Now here is my issue, I would like to program the Hoosier safeT system into the scanner, which I was able to do, I have all of the St Joe Cnty talk groups programed into it in scan list 1. But I would like to put all of the St joe cnty, and nieghboring counties Police talk groups into another scan list, then put all of the same counties Fire talk groups into another scan list, and all of the same counties misc talk groups into another scan list. Every time I try to do this every thing just goes into scan list 1. I have the Arc 500 software. Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I would like to put all of the St joe cnty, and nieghboring counties Police talk groups into another scan list, then put all of the same counties Fire talk groups into another scan list, and all of the same counties misc talk groups into another scan list.
I have a Pro-197 and use ARC500 also. If you attach your gr5 programming file, I will work with you assigning scan lists. You will have to right click on the gr5 file and send to a compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped folder.

N8IAA

Hi just got myself a Whistler 1065 (I got a good deal on it) and it seems to be working fine, even though St Joe Cnty IN has a simulcast system it seems to be working well. Now here is my issue, I would like to program the Hoosier safeT system into the scanner, which I was able to do, I have all of the St Joe Cnty talk groups programed into it in scan list 1. But I would like to put all of the St joe cnty, and nieghboring counties Police talk groups into another scan list, then put all of the same counties Fire talk groups into another scan list, and all of the same counties misc talk groups into another scan list. Every time I try to do this every thing just goes into scan list 1. I have the Arc 500 software. Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

Every time you make a change in the software, you need to save the new profile before sending it to the scanner. You must enable the scan list # for each new entry. It's a PITA, but that's how the radio works.

hill

Premium Subscriber
Either need to change the default scan list from 1 to another one or just edit the talkgroup ids in the software to have them into a different scan list.

Going forward the talkgroups can be in one scan list or they can be in many scanlists. No need to have the system in the scanner more than once with the flexibility a scanlist memory is these scanners,

Spflowers92470

Premium Subscriber
I have a Pro-197 and use ARC500 also. If you attach your gr5 programming file, I will work with you assigning scan lists. You will have to right click on the gr5 file and send to a compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped folder.

Thanks for the offer But I am starting to figure it out, didnt see the option on where to choose what scanlist to put the talk groups into. I am new to the digital thing, when everything started to go digital, the scanners where so expensive, it drove me away from the hobby. Since Indiana uses a Phase I system, and the Phase I scanners are now cheaper, (but oh how I want one of those SDS200 scanners, but 700 bucks, ouch) I thought I would give it a try. So now I am basically starting from scratch having to learn a whole new way of programming. But once again, thank you for the offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.