Whistler 1065

I have tried just about everything I can with this scanner and it's just not cutting it.

Are there any other scanners on the market that will pick up the simulcast sites better then this thing? I have tried the paper clip trick with some success but not much better.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I have tried just about everything I can with this scanner and it's just not cutting it.

Are there any other scanners on the market that will pick up the simulcast sites better then this thing? I have tried the paper clip trick with some success but not much better.
Is it working at all, just not clear, or you hearing nothing?

Where county do you live in, and what are you trying to monitor?

tvengr

Well Known Member
Which systems, sites, and agencies are you trying to receive and what programming software are you using? I second the SDS100 and SDS200 for simulcast. They are the only scanners specifically designed to receive simulcast systems.

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
In the meantime if you have or can get a yagi (800mhz is cheap) you can connect to that and point at just 1 site. That was the oldschool method everyone did on here before simulcast capable scanners. Which still don't decode all that well, if it's really important to you you can get a unication g4/g5 used for less. I got one a few years ago and the decode in simulcast areas is perfect, also the audio is way better. You can easily hear it outdoors or near any noisy areas.