Whistler 1065?

Mystldc

I paid alot for this. Does it not support whatever they are using now. Or maybe the default antenna is just junk?
Nothing comes thru honestly. And I'm disabled I can't go to post office to return it. My family doesn't care about me. They won't help.

fredva

Feed Provider
You would not be the first person who bought a WS-1065 and found that its technology was too outdated to monitor the local public safety communications. These scanners originated with different brand names and model numbers roughly 16 years ago. The TDMA digital format (also known as P25 Phase 2) was adopted after that. And something called digital simulcast has become more widely used since then as well. The WS-1065 will work in places where the older format is still in use. But that's not everywhere. And while the money you paid seems like a lot, there are newer scanner models that cost more.

Mystldc

Hey sorry dealing with a cold. The marietta police fire and ems. I'm an older guy just like to listen so I know if anything is happening on my street. Ok that's fine I'll find a way to return it. Thanks guys

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
The following scanners will work WELL for receiving the Cobb RRS:
Uniden SDS100/200
BlueTail Technologies P25RX/P25RXII

Not a scanner but Unication G4/G5

The following scanners MAY work but depends on location as Cobb's system uses CQPSK-LSM:
Uniden BCD-436/536
Uniden BCD-BCD325P2
Uniden BCD-996P2

Note that all MPD talkgroups are TDMA, Fire and firegrounds are also TDMA.

I recommend the SDS series if you want headache free scanning of the Cobb system. Just enter zip code and select what you want to scan, it is pulled straight from the RR database.