whistler 1080 local programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

david645

Anyone montoring seabrook/kemah/lakeveiw pd and fire? What settings for dsp / adc gain/dac gain.......i have had no luck adjusting and getting any or full transmitting sometimes when mobile 10 or more miles away get intermittent reception ..but not in the city ? Very frustrating .have all p25 texas warn info tgp/cc.tried various sites close even harris co. Simulcast......... Hpd comes in 80% any help greatly appreciated thank you ........

w5wht

Depending where you are located and what type of antenna you have.
Kemah is on Galveston County 1-1-054-36

Seabrook is on S.E. 3-003-3 you should be able to pick up HPD

david645

whistler 1080 local program

thanks for your reply, but not antenna issue ..have various 800 MHz duckies and discone .I have progm SE SIMULCAST AND ALSO GAVESTON CO SIMULCAST BUT RARELY RECEIVE MY CITY (SEABROOK) OR KEMAH NEXT TO ME.. I HAVE TRIED ALL KIND OF SETTINGS .SO HPD COMES IN OK...IM ASKING WHAT (DSP) (DAC) (ETC) SETTINGS ARE YOU USING? IM IN SEABROOK SO IS IT OVERLOAD FRONT END? CAN YOU PM ME? THANKS DAVE

Last edited:

Swipesy

The Whistler (former GRE radios) are notorius for having front end sensitivity issues. You issues may very well be an antenna issue and you are getting overload which deafens the radio. Despite what you read, adjusting DSP, DAC, etc is a placebo and all the fooling around with the setting will do you no good. I spent several hours on the phone with GRE technitions on this topic and they convinced me that factory settings are the best.

My advice to you is try the radio without any antenna and see what happens. Try using a paperclip for an antenna. Try, when using as a base unit, moving the radio just a foot or two and see if it helps. you can buy a inexpensive ($19) HD desktop antenna that can serve as a YAGI and point it at a tower near you to try and eliminate LSM (I have friends, some in Texas, that swear by this unit).

Status
Not open for further replies.