Whistler 1088 P25 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerseyheat

Premium Subscriber
I can not get any P25 systems to work on my WS1088. Conventional trunk and digital frequencies work fine. Am I missing something in my programming? I am using the EZ scan software. Need some help here. Thank you!!

troymail

Silent Key
I can't say for sure but a couple of things come to mind looking at the details of the systems (as listed on the RRDB).

Both are multi-site simulcast systems. Generally, receiving these types of systems on any scanner is going to be a challenge. See Simulcast digital distortion - The RadioReference Wiki

The other thing I noticed that was provided with the RRDB data (if accurate) is that the range on these systems is 3 and 5 miles. This presents additional challenges.

I'm not sure how far you are from Jersey City or Bayonne but if you go into those areas, you may have more success (but will likely still incur challenges from the simulcast issues).

jerseyheat

Premium Subscriber
I am actually in Bayonne as I write this. I have a uniden scanner right next tome picking up Bayonne and JC perfectly, but cannot get them to work on my new 1088.

Status
Not open for further replies.