Whistler & 3rd Party Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Can anyone shed any light onto why Whistler will not let 3rd parties develope programming software for their newer scanners? I have used Butel software for all of my scanners. Butel's webpage states "Unfortunately Whistler has officially stated to us that they will not release programming protocols for third party software development. I am trying to decide between a BCD996P2 and a WS1098. Simply put, the Whistler EZ-Scan software is terrible. It is not like Whistler is making money off the software; it is free from their website. The existance of Butel software for the Uniden may be my deciding factor. What gives Whistler?

Ed6698

Can anyone shed any light onto why Whistler will not let 3rd parties develope programming software for their newer scanners? I have used Butel software for all of my scanners. Butel's webpage states "Unfortunately Whistler has officially stated to us that they will not release programming protocols for third party software development. I am trying to decide between a BCD996P2 and a WS1098. Simply put, the Whistler EZ-Scan software is terrible. It is not like Whistler is making money off the software; it is free from their website. The existance of Butel software for the Uniden may be my deciding factor. What gives Whistler?

Been discussed in here several times, they won't do it. Just do a forum search, something should turn up.

n3617400

i have algos for decrypting config files on SD card.
need person who parse config files format and create the software.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.