Whistler Customer Service Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

lands818

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else had customer service issues with Whistler? I just got off the phone with them and am quite frustrated.

July 16th I placed an order online directly with Whistler for several scanner accessories as well as an upgrade to my RS PRO-668. I shipped my PRO-668 off per instructions and have been patiently waiting for my accessories to arrive as they were all marked fulfilled on July 22nd. On the 29th I advised Whistler the accessories still had not arrived and requested tracking info.

July 31st I received an email indicating my scanner upgrade was complete, shipped, and the scanner accessories were also just then being shipped in the same package as the scanner. Tracking info was provided, indicating delivery scheduled on 08/02.

The package didn’t arrive today and while my postal carrier was here, we checked the status of the shipment. Status shows ‘package acceptance pending’ in Rogers, AR, meaning the package has not been accepted by the postal service, usually due to to inadequate packaging or an address problem.

I call Whistler and am told the package shows on their side as going to be delivered today in PA, which is awesome other than the fact I live in NC. The CSR then proceeds to argue with me that the PA address is what I provided. Nope, not online nor with the return form. Never lived in PA for that matter.

So here I am, banging out my frustrations and hoping someone can tell me of the miraculous excellence in customer service that they’ve experienced with Whistler in making things right. They had no explanation for the accessory order being held up, especially since the accessories had a separate shipping cost in addition to the scanner upgrade that has return shipping cost built into the cost of the upgrade. I don’t feel they honestly have any clue if the shipment is headed to PA or NC (they did say they ‘found’ my order in the computer with the NC address while we were on the phone). They have no explanation for the package refusal by the post office, nor where the shipment now is since being rejected. They offered no timeline for trying to trace/locate the package nor resolution for the situation if worse case scenario plays out.

Anyone else had a similar negative experience or (more hopefully) a positive outcome to a similar disaster?

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I sent two scanners in for the upgrade at different times and both came back in less than 10 days. I have had packages sent to the wrong address a couple of times. One was the vendor's fault and the other the shipping service.

lands818

Premium Subscriber
Wow, doesn't get anymore piss poor than that. I know how it feels.
Yep, couldn’t believe in addition to the multiple other fumbles that he argued with me about my own address! Just the icing on the cake... :mad:

Daleb49

Premium Subscriber
Hmm that's a shame I ordered a refurbished TRX-2 this past Tuesday and I received it today and the unit looks factory fresh with all the accessories included.

lands818

Premium Subscriber
Hmm that's a shame I ordered a refurbished TRX-2 this past Tuesday and I received it today and the unit looks factory fresh with all the accessories included.
~MAYBE~ I just got the one CSR who was having a crappy day (he was polite other than the address argument-but would commit to nothing other than a refund of the one half of the doubled shipping charges), but what in my case should also have been a simple order has turned into anything but! Enjoy the TRX-2 and hopefully my wayward scanner will show up back home here in NC.

Reactions: RRR

Nasby

I've never had any problems ordering from Whistler. It may have taken them a day or two to ship, but everything arrived as ordered.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I sent two scanners in for the upgrade at different times and both came back in less than 10 days. I have had packages sent to the wrong address a couple of times. One was the vendor's fault and the other the shipping service.

Yeah, people and companies make mistakes. The important thing is how they respond after a mistake is made. It sounds like in this case the Whistler rep only wanted to argue and deny any blame on their part. That goes no where to solving the problem. Whistler should have simply taken the information, investigate it from their end and made things right. Hopefully that is what they are doing now.

hypersight

I'm still waiting from Whistler for a reply about a remote head mounting bracket........ from June 2017.

Chronic

I'm still waiting from Whistler for a reply about a remote head mounting bracket........ from June 2017.
I have found that if you really want information , it is best to call and talk to someone , just sending a e-mail is hit or miss on getting a reply , many times in winds up in a spam folder or may other mishaps.

Reactions: RRR

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
This is the main reason I have to AMEX cards and always use it in situations like this. Back in 2014, I mailed Motorola Mobility a phone for repair. Similar situation. They claimed it was shipped and signed for (by someone else mind you when they emailed me the FedEX log which had a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT tracking number and destination address in California-where I have NEVER been or even traveled to, than the call tag I was provided in the RMA process did, which of course, showed "awaiting shipment"). A call to AMEX not only put the repair in dispute, but they refunded the original purchase (also on the same card) from 6 months earlier. No questions asked.

Never bought a Motorola phone since (and won't) but also was able to recover my losses.

Whistler has some explaining to do. Good luck.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber

I wasn't aware they made/offered one? Are you aware the remote head has two very strong rare-earth magnets on the back that will securely attached it to anything made of steel? Seem you could some kind of bracket at the hardware store and fabricate something if there is noting your vehicle to stick it to.

k5xs

Premium Subscriber
Sorry you’re experiencing this.

I’ve had probably a couple dozen interactions with Whistler, all either online orders or email exchanges. Every single time I’ve gotten great service, and I’ve never had glitch.

lands818

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE: My scanner (and accessories) found their way home, all jammed in a small flat rate box with minimal packing material but intact. I did experience the same scratched screen deal that some others have posted on here about (like the radio was slid around face down while Whistler had it) but it'll polish out with some Plastix so it's not worth making an issue of.

I will say that I'm pleased with the upgrade! DMR functionality is nice between being a ham operator and the amount of commercial DMR systems in the Charlotte, NC region and the P25 systems definitely functions more reliably too!

One thing I've noticed since the upgrade is that sometimes the dark background "T" icon at the top of the screen sometimes also shows an "S" icon with a dark background. I've tried searching (maybe not the right wording), but does anyone know what the "S" signifies?

This event has definitely been a learning experience! Believe this will be my 'one and done' direct with Whistler and I'll stay true to my Uniden history moving forward.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
One thing I've noticed since the upgrade is that sometimes the dark background "T" icon at the top of the screen sometimes also shows an "S" icon with a dark background. I've tried searching (maybe not the right wording), but does anyone know what the "S" signifies?

Status
Not open for further replies.