Whistler Remote Control software works on the PRO-668 AND PRO-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosgt

Go over to the Whistler group.
There is a "demo" software listed there for the remote control of the TRX scanners.
It also works for the Radio Shack version, the PSR-800 and the PRO-18
Confirmed by me.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Infected file

I have had more than one radio file show a warning that was a false positive. This can happen with any antivirus and software, but it seems to be worse with my ham and scanner software.

scosgt

Just disable the antivirus and install it. It is NOT infected

Tac-9

Trying this out now on ws1080 and pro668 working very good.Very little cpu usage and you can run multiple instances.

scosgt

You can run radio feed and remote control side by side. When you need to access the remote over splashtop or other program, change the port setting on Radio Feed to NONE and then hit begin on remote and it will work, if you want to get back the tags on Radio Feed just end the session on remote.

Im having problems with my pro668 working with the program. Does the regular cables used for the pro 197 work or is there some setting that you have to turn on?

trp2525

Im having problems with my pro668 working with the program. Does the regular cables used for the pro 197 work or is there some setting that you have to turn on?

The programming cable for the PRO-197 will not work with the PRO-668. You have to use the USB cable that came with the PRO-668 or you can purchase the proper cable directly from Whistler for $14.95 (plus shipping) here: https://www.whistlergroup.com/usa/shop-online/scanner-accessories/usb-cable-for-ws1080-ws1095.html

wbswetnam

The programming cable for the PRO-197 will not work with the PRO-668. You have to use the USB cable that came with the PRO-668 or you can purchase the proper cable directly from Whistler for $14.95 (plus shipping) here: https://www.whistlergroup.com/usa/shop-online/scanner-accessories/usb-cable-for-ws1080-ws1095.html

It doesn't necessarily have to be the USB cable that came with the radio - any USB cable should work. It did for me. You can buy a used USB cable at any thrift store for 50 cents. Look for the electronics junk bin and I'm sure you'll find several.

pawsrock

One more Question I hope?

Okay so, I got the software installed and the correct com port. The software seems to work but I have nothing on the screen like I would see on the scanner. Do I need to set something on the scanner?
Thanks
Ron Fone

Status
Not open for further replies.