Whistler scanners out and being sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

puzzleriddle

I would say no. Gre & rs always had separate update files that is why RS is cheaper the do not includ programming cable & /or wall wart

scosgt

Does it come with a programming cable, or did they change it to a simple USB cable?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Not till the prices come down.
The prices will come down on these models when new models are out to replace them. But new models won't come out unless they can make a profit on the present models and feel they will make more on producing new models.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
The prices will come down on these models when new models are out to replace them. But new models won't come out unless they can make a profit on the present models and feel they will make more on producing new models.

I think if they will produce a new model that meets the needs and wants of the consumer they will sell more. Many more agencies in this area are switching to other digital formats, in particular, TRBO. I have a GRE 800, which does a great job, but it won't receive TRBO, etc. So, if more and more agencies switch to one of these other digital formats, there is no need for me to buy a new scanner, as long as mine is working.

cherubim

Premium Subscriber
The only digital scanner from Whistler that I have any real interest in is the WS-1095. I'm sure other people are in the same boat and want to see a good alternative to the disappointing x36HP line from Uniden.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
The only digital scanner from Whistler that I have any real interest in is the WS-1095. I'm sure other people are in the same boat and want to see a good alternative to the disappointing x36HP line from Uniden.

Agreed 1000%. I already have an excellent mobile analog trunker (BC15XT), an excellent digital HH (PRO-18) and an excellent mobile digital trunker (BCD996XT). I'm not in need of Phase II just yet so what I have works very well for me, if I were to need Phase II I would be looking to the WS-1095.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
I was told we have this month.I will update website as soon as I know more.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
More update believe me I hope this time I have it right.
We should have scanners the week of Aug 11th.
Sorry I posted July I was told that from several sources but that was wrong it will now be Aug.

I was told we have this month.I will update website as soon as I know more.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
More update believe me I hope this time I have it right.
We should have scanners the week of Aug 11th.
Sorry I posted July I was told that from several sources but that was wrong it will now be Aug.

Any idea when Whistler's version of the GRE 800 and 900 will be available?

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Ok so the 1095 is the wistler version of the 536? If so how much?

The WS1095 is the Whistler version of the unreleased GRE PSR-900 (the mobile/base version of the PSR-800). As for how much, no one knows for sure until down the road when they finally start production of these units and release them for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.