Whistler scanners out and being sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilbell

I have the new Whistler 1050.

It works well on our SF Bay area Phase 1 trunking system and an EDACS system. Audio sounds very slightly better than my PSR-500 which I gave to my daughter. Plan to do some significant testing against my Uniden 996XT and 396XT machines.

Whistler, contacted by phone, says the firmware updates for the 1050 will NOT work on the PSR-500 and vice-versa. Based on small hints there will be firmware updates coming. So far I have not seen any glitches in a few days of intensive listening and recording in freqs ranging from the low 40 mHz area to the mid 900 mHz

The latest versions of PSREDIT and WIN500 work perfectly with the new Whistler. I have not yet tested the Butel software.

Neil Bell, KJ6FBA

al95

Are this the new Whistler scanners out and shipping right? When will the Whistler forum page be open and stop redirecting us to GRE forum page?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
So is there an answer to what the "new" 1050 is...?

There has been no announcement, nor are there any scanners on sale, that have the Whistler model number of "1050".

The author of post # 41 in this thread is mistaken about what he actually has.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Some models have been released and some models will be released in a couple of weeks

Where are you getting your information that other Whistler models will be released in a couple of weeks? Which models will they be?

Can you provide a link to that information?

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Ham Station released the information saying that they are getting the new models in and selling them on the week of August 11th

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Ham Station released the information saying that they are getting the new models in and selling them on the week of August 11th

Which models are you referring to?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
all of them. Look em up. Do you homework. Class is in session.

Ham Station says the WS1040 and the WS1065 will be released in a couple of weeks (Aug 11th)

As far as the other models... I did do my "homework"

Hamstation's latest post on the other models says that they have no information as to when they will be released. You can read that post right here:

http://forums.radioreference.com/gr...tler-scanners-out-being-sold.html#post2223866

Where are you getting your information that they will ALL be released in a couple of weeks?

Can you post a link to it?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

I checked the link you posted and this is what it says for the other models of the Whistler scanners at that link....

Sorry we have no prices yet my site wont let me put TBA.This device has not been approved by the F.C.C. This device may not be offered for sale or lease or be sold or leased until approval of the F.C.C. has been obtained. The information shown is preliminary and may be subject to change without notice or obligation. Price and unavailability will be announced soon.

http://hamstation.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=234&products_id=4394

Again, where are you seeing the info that ALL the new Whistler scanners are being released in a couple of weeks?

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
as far as more digital models being released we have no info.Whistler isn't saying when the next 2 digital models will be.
only the 1065 and 1040 mid Aug for us.

Ham Station says the WS1040 and the WS1065 will be released in a couple of weeks (Aug 11th)

As far as the other models... I did do my "homework"

Hamstation's latest post on the other models says that they have no information as to when they will be released. You can read that post right here:

http://forums.radioreference.com/gr...tler-scanners-out-being-sold.html#post2223866

Where are you getting your information that they will ALL be released in a couple of weeks?

Can you post a link to it?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
as far as more digital models being released we have no info.Whistler isn't saying when the next 2 digital models will be.
only the 1065 and 1040 mid Aug for us.

Thanks for clearing that up Trido.

As I suspected, just another rumor from a certain poster!

all of them. Look em up. Do you homework. Class is in session.

Class now closed!

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
This is Whistler's time to shine in the spot light if they do it right at this point. Learn from others mistakes and don't say anything and only release models when they have been fully tested and are ready to hit the market. Make sure they have complete good quality control in their factories and they will clean up on the market. I have faith. I use to have the GRE-PSR 600 and loved that little radio. Never had any trouble with it at all. Plus the digital decode was awesome. The best out there on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.