Whistler scanners unable to track new VHF P2 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianLoch

Premium Subscriber
Mike,

I thank you for the heads up. I apologize for my frustration being a burden upon your shoulders.

With appreciation,

Brian Loch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

see I am nice :)

DonS

I just sent this to whistler...
Hello,
I've along with multiple users have noticed that VHF P25 P-2 is non-existent on the 1095,1098 and possibly TRX models. All of the mention models according to Whistler are capable. Is there a fix in the works? I had a support dialog with Paul and it has been about a week of no contact. A simple "we are looking into it, stay tuned for updates." Would have sufficed. We at large want to know if we all bought $500 dollar glorified conventional scanners? Thank you for your time. I anticipate your response.

Sincerely,

Brian Loch
No need for you all to thank me. You are all welcome.

If "this" in the first post refers to what looks like a support email in the second post, be advised that the problem was found and fixed a bit before today (25 April 2017).

It was fixed last week after user scan18 sent Whistler some logs.

You're welcome.

BrianLoch

Premium Subscriber
If "this" in the first post refers to what looks like a support email in the second post, be advised that the problem was found and fixed a bit before today (25 April 2017).

It was fixed last week after user scan18 sent Whistler some logs.

You're welcome.

No, I insist that you're welcome. God Bless. Hugs.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

"Tis strange how humans attempt to cope with/protect their self-conceived specialness in the universe."-Unknown

BrianLoch

Premium Subscriber
I think everyone needs to hug it out!

HUGS! LOL

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

"Tis strange how humans attempt to cope with/protect their self-conceived specialness in the universe."-Unknown

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Saying "you're welcome" implies that you had something to do with the fix. In this case, you didn't.

The fix was implemented based solely on the log files sent by scan18.

Thank you to everyone....now we just wait for the firmware fix.

BrianLoch

Premium Subscriber
Saying "you're welcome" implies that you had something to do with the fix. In this case, you didn't.

The fix was implemented based solely on the log files sent by scan18.

Thank you for schooling me. I appreciate it. You are now in my friends list.

k2hz

Database Admin
Brian,

Thank you for your report. We are looking into any and all reported issues and will post updates as soon as they are available. Some of these systems require additional debugging and then need to be confirmed that the fix has corrected the issue before the new version can be made available.

In addition if there are several issues that need to be addressed, we will look to bundle them instead of releasing 3 or 4 versions several days apart.
Please be patient and I am sure the issue will be resolved shortly.

Regards,
Mike

No need for you all to thank me. You are all welcome.

It there any update on progress for the VHF P2 fix to be released?

WH7WX

Update... Whistler provided me with test firmware that appears to have resolved this issue. I am now able to receive and decode this VHF P2 system on the TRX-1. Hopefully they will release this update in future firmware releases for the other phase 2 scanners as well.

Did they give you any update on the 668/1080? I've ran into the exact same problem that you're having and tried tweaking with multiple settings with no success.

scan18

Premium Subscriber
Did they give you any update on the 668/1080? I've ran into the exact same problem that you're having and tried tweaking with multiple settings with no success.

No update... I am hoping they put the fix into an update for the 1080.

mejnetguru

I wish Whistler would hurry up

Please hurry up Whistler on this firmware update. I often want to throw my TRX-1 out the window due to the crap P25 performance (particularly on VHF).

scan18

Premium Subscriber
Please hurry up Whistler on this firmware update. I often want to throw my TRX-1 out the window due to the crap P25 performance (particularly on VHF).

But keep in mind that the specific fix was related to the fact that the TRX-1 would not recognize my local system at all. Performance wasn't poor or subpar, it was completely non-existent. There may be no guarantee it will help anyone who is just having poor performance.

TAbirdman

Have you tried seeing if the unit picks it up when in a limit search?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.