Whistler Security Breach?

Swipesy

Heads up security warning - today I received notice from Norton Life Lock that my user name and password may have been breached. Upon checking my data the only website I use the combination noted by LifeLock was WhistlerGroup.com. When I went to log in to WhistlerGroup it said my login was invalid and a attempt to change it had occurred. Whistler then sent me an email telling me my credentials were not secure and to change my password.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Heads up security warning - today I received notice from Norton Life Lock that my user name and password may have been breached. Upon checking my data the only website I use the combination noted by LifeLock was WhistlerGroup.com. When I went to log in to WhistlerGroup it said my login was invalid and a attempt to change it had occurred. Whistler then sent me an email telling me my credentials were not secure and to change my password.
Thanks for the heads up John.

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
That website is down now. The IsUp.me website confirms it too.

Swipesy

I am sure that Whistler is having issues with security since the tornado tore them apart and Whistler is trying to service its customers with temporary quick fixes.

Insulator

Premium Subscriber
I can verify that their website is down as of last night. Here I am stuck with a TRX-1 and I'll have to program by the old fashion way or wait until they get their s*** together so I can get the software. I could kick myself now for not getting another Uniden.

XQZ-SDS-100EH

Premium Subscriber
Hello, been member for short time so this is first post. Although I have a SDS100 the Whistler data breach caught my attention because I've been looking at WM-860 antenna. As of Sat. 14th. Sept. was able to access website, now all that shows is server can't be located. This also applies to digital frequency search, both are listed DOWN ! Thanks, Wicked

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
Interesting that their Facebook page appears to be gone.

XQZ-SDS-100EH

Premium Subscriber
Interesting, it seems everything whistler vanished. I don't do any social media at all, except this. I had been trying to aquire the wm-860 for awhile now and it always would say check availability, then the pointer would get red circle with line through it. Also the same time whistler stuff was going out, DFS website disappeared and believe he's from Indiana so the tornado thought did cross my mind.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Tornados can wipe out websites and Facebook pages? Wow.

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
Interesting, it seems everything whistler vanished. I don't do any social media at all, except this. I had been trying to aquire the wm-860 for awhile now and it always would say check availability, then the pointer would get red circle with line through it. Also the same time whistler stuff was going out, DFS website disappeared and believe he's from Indiana so the tornado thought did cross my mind.
DFS (Justin) is in Texas.

FedFyrGuy

Premium Subscriber
‪+1 800-531-0004‬ - Whistler Group - generic message when you call referencing a move to a new facility and an email address for customer inquiries. Move to be completed by October according to the message.

XQZ-SDS-100EH

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the heads up on DFS location, and yes a tornado can destroy a company's head end unit and everything goes down for the company. But if there moving, why not say something before hand.

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
‪+1 800-531-0004‬ - Whistler Group - generic message when you call referencing a move to a new facility and an email address for customer inquiries. Move to be completed by October according to the message.
Sweet! Thanks for the recon! I was worried their scanner department might be going the way of radio shack and getting shuttered with only a generic page to replace everything for legacy support only.

I was wanting to order that really weird indoor discone they sell.

astro4000

Premium Subscriber
Sweet! Thanks for the recon! I was worried their scanner department might be going the way of radio shack and getting shuttered with only a generic page to replace everything for legacy support only.

I was wanting to order that really weird indoor discone they sell.
Good antenna. I have the one with the mag mount... in attic as well as the big discone at another place attic