Whistler to Launch New LSM Capable Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustynswrail

Is the TRX-200 going to use a different chassis and head as the TRX-2?
Is the TRX-200 going to have a better and larger screen with useful information?
Is it going to be horribly slow at booting like the TRX-2? And fixing just going into the Menu and having to wait minutes to continue scanning?
Am I going to have the same paging intermod problem with the TRX-200?
Is the TRX-200 going to actually trunk track all digital modes?
These are a start, but if none get addressed then it's DoA for me. Just some of the reasons I returned my TRX-2.
In development sounds rather far away and maybe slipping into next year?

I really don't understand you people. The bloody scanner has not even been released yet and you are complaining about it not doing this or not doing that. Or am I going to be able to get it to make me a cup of coffee in the morning?

Just be thankful that Whistler (and Uniden) are still willing to manufacturer these things.

Alternatively move to Australia and see what we have to put up with in terms of availability of models and the prices of the limited types that are available. Then, and only then, will you have something to complain about.

As they say in the classics, Build a bridge - get over it!

R

vocoder

Nope, no extra nxdn or dmr upgrade is needed
Trx1 and trx2 both already include nxdn and dmr decode modes installed, out of the box

No extras to buy

whistler wendy stated in the opening post, that the trx100 and trx200 would have nxdn and dmr decode already installed without added cost

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
software

It IS easy...very!

I have used sentinel and EZ scan and I feel they are similar.....
How much easy do you want it?
Heck all you need is to enter your zipcode on either the BCD436HP or the TRX-1 and you are up and running without the software scanner only..
I get a kick out of people,its really not That hard .....

scosgt

This type of Bluetooth should be able to pair with your car audio system and show text tags right on the car screen (as scanner radio by Gordon Edwards does now). This would make the display much less important if you use a scanner in the car, as everything you need to see would be built right into the car.

W5RGP

Nope, no extra nxdn or dmr upgrade is needed
Trx1 and trx2 both already include nxdn and dmr decode modes installed, out of the box

No extras to buy

whistler wendy stated in the opening post, that the trx100 and trx200 would have nxdn and dmr decode already installed without added cost

True as I have 2 trx1’s and a trx2 they pick up nxdn ok but miss a ton of calls they do not Trunk Track NXDN or dmr
They just scan the list as conv
They don’t monitor the cc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W5RGP

The TRX-1/TRX-2 support NXDN trunking. I have no reason to believe the TRX-100/200 wouldn't as well. When you asked, "Will the new radios trunk NXDN?" did you actually mean "will the new radios trunk NXDN Type-C systems by monitoring the active control channel?" If that's what you were asking, I would agree that clarification would be needed from Whistler.

If you you only ask "will the new radios trunk NXDN?", I am betting that you will get a simple "yes" answer [from Whistler] without any clarification as to whether it will do Type-C trunking specifically by monitoring the active CC.

I wasn't suggesting that you were silly for asking, but that Whistler would be silly not to at least include the same NXDN functionality in the TRX-100/200 as they have in the TRX-1/2.

Mike

The trx1 and 2 support nxdn
But neither supports nxdn trunk tracking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

milcom_chaser

I really don't understand you people. The bloody scanner has not even been released yet and you are complaining about it not doing this or not doing that. Or am I going to be able to get it to make me a cup of coffee in the morning?

Just be thankful that Whistler (and Uniden) are still willing to manufacturer these things.

Alternatively move to Australia and see what we have to put up with in terms of availability of models and the prices of the limited types that are available. Then, and only then, will you have something to complain about.

As they say in the classics, Build a bridge - get over it!

R

Seems for him, as a former customer, he's had some experiences, and they are valid...

milcom_chaser

I have used sentinel and EZ scan and I feel they are similar.....
How much easy do you want it?
Heck all you need is to enter your zipcode on either the BCD436HP or the TRX-1 and you are up and running without the software scanner only..
I get a kick out of people,its really not That hard .....

In the time it takes to program a whistler radio via EZ-Scan, we could have disassembled a Uniden, and posted a DIY breakdown video...

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
Good news, Wendy. Thanks for sharing. Any sneak peek at what they will look like? Or is it the same design as the -1 and -2?

03msc = I say that its Likely, as the scanners did NOT change much when GRE made Pro Series hand held scanner for Radio Shack. and later with the NEWER designs used by Whistler "10" series. It will likely both have a Full keypad like the 1088/98 and TRX-1 and 2.

Xplorer00

Premium Subscriber
In the time it takes to program a whistler radio via EZ-Scan, we could have disassembled a Uniden, and posted a DIY breakdown video...

When you know how, programming using EZ-Scan or Senitinel is real easy and takes little time to do.

BUT, I'm sure you really meant the time it takes to "upload" programming to a TRX-1 or TRX-2, you can boil the kettle, make a coffee and drink most of it before it is finished.

Let's hope Whistler addresses the slooooooooow uploading of programming with the new models.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
No GPS would be a deal killer for me.

Could a workaround be made? Like if it were all external, and not part of the scanner itself?

One could only hope.

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Additionally, the A2DP Bluetooth transceiver will enable customers to pair common Bluetooth devices such as their favorite headphones or speaker for a completely wireless user experience in the home or on the go. The

Hopefully the Bluetooth is implemented in a way that it works with a wide range of Bluetooth accessories....headphones, in-ear buds, speakers, cars, etc. And each transmission doesn't appear to the Bluetooth device as a new call and cause beeping. (Hint, Hint)

That's a problem with the Unication pagers' implementation of Bluetooth...there seems to be a lot of problems in finding compatible Bluetooth audio accessories or making it pair, or making it work without "beeps" on each transmission (as if it's a new phone call).

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Any photos yet, or is this just an announcement that products are in development?

Status
Not open for further replies.