Whistler to Launch New LSM Capable Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melv7956

I wonder if spectrum sweeper will still only be able to decode digital systems only if there is voice activity on the frequency or will this issue be fixed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melv7956

But still no MPT-1327 or this going to be an option down the road?

Mpt1327 is hardly used in the US and thank god it’s dying a slow painful death in the uk too. Most inefficient trunking system known to man.

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
Their approach to programming the radio needs a fresh start. It is not intuitive from a UI perspective. In the realm of software development cycle, there are whole teams in the programming phase who review code based on this [intuitive from a UI perspective] as the code matures to a release version. If there is only one programmer, well, that answers the current dilemma...

milcom-caser = I agree both Uniden and Whistler needs a fresh perspective to programming. the BEST programming ever was the 3com Palm Pilots, they used HOT Sync to download the most recent DATA to the Hand Held computing device, Default was to Update both the Hand Held as well as the PC software. that way no matter how you Entered DATA both the HH and PC were Automaticly updated. Whistle needs HOT SYNC.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Please keep in mind this thread is to discuss the new Whistler models, not AOR, ICOM, CHP frequencies, what Uniden is doing or not doing and lots of other assorted things being posted.

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
Will they either fix or get rid of the squelch muting they tried to implement on the TRX-1 and TRX-2? Also TETRA would be nice.

lolbannalol2 - TETRA wont be in American Scanner Radios, we don' use TETRA. but, Whistler dose sell International models of their Scanners, possibly those will include TETRA.

markjrenna

TETRA is used in NJ.

New Jersey Transit

System Type:
TETRA Standard

System Voice:
Tetra Digital

milcom_chaser

allend

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Wendy for the updates on new radios coming this year. At least we know that you have two new models coming with the portable and base model for sure.

As to Uniden for now all we know is that they are only getting a portable model for now. Pictures soon would be a nice. Eye candy is always good. I hope you re-design the whole case and front end design of the LCD screen. I am pretty sure this will happen since the last two models were pretty much the same. Glad I sold my TRX-2 a couple of months ago. Out with the older and wait for new stuff to arrive. I do love the decode modulation with P25. Its the best out on the market. Still love my WS-1065

At least DMR and NXDN are not an upgrade feature. Just bury the fee's into the price and I am okay with it since nickle and dime people just is not a good business practice. Keep up with the good work

Status
Not open for further replies.