Whistler TRX-1 and TRX-2 and Unitrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.
What type of connection would I need between a Windows 10 P.C. and a Whistler TRX-1 for Unitrunker for this to work?
Would I need to use the U.S.B. connector that comes with the scanner or wouldd I need something special to connect the scanner to the P.C. from the scanner's headphone jack?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
These scanners are trunking scanners. I don't understand why you would want to do that.
It's done so you can monitor the control channel data for one reason. There's a ton of info in the CC data that can really help figure out a trunked system.
Other types of data signals can also be decoded with the right program monitoring the IF output from a TRX model.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
What type of connection would I need between a Windows 10 P.C. and a Whistler TRX-1 for Unitrunker for this to work?
Would I need to use the U.S.B. connector that comes with the scanner or would I need something special to connect the scanner to the P.C. from the scanner's headphone jack?

Go to the Program menu on the scanner, then Global Settings, scroll down to PC/IF Dump and select that (don't select "To File") in Pro96Comm/Unitrunker select the proper comm port and select the WS1080 scanner type. I use both on a regular basis and it works great. If you try scanning while either is on it will stop working each time the scanner picks up traffic, to get a better (more complete) list of RIDs and TGIDs select an unused TG and hold on that so it continuously decodes the P25 information.

I must be doing something wrong. Does anybody know the step by step procedure
for using Procom and/or Unitrunker?

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
PanJurekMrJerry-- Did you get it to work? Let me know if you still need help. It does not work in Search modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.