Whistler TRX-1 and TRX-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Usability questions:
1. Does TRX-1/2 have an "always on" mode where it powers up immediately when power is supplied, ie car ignition. (concern: if not, how do you expect people to use your scanners hassle-free in their cars, have you used your scanner in a car personally for over a month? You get tired real fast turning on the scanner, every time you turn on your car)

2. Does TRX-1/2 start recording automatically upon scanner powerup? (concern: if not, again, a real PITA annoyance to have to turn on the recording. Haven't you ever thought that people might want to record everything as soon as the scanner turns on?)

3. Is there a Hold scanning on a single channel? I have a scan list, but typically, when I move between CHP divisions, I switch to that particular channel just by pressing the hold button and scrolling through my list until the right channel is constantly monitored. I find this easy and doesn't take away my attention from driving.
1. No you have to push the power button.
2. When you push power button and turn on the scanner it starts recording.
3. You can push menu and browse to an object.

kandrey89

Feed Provider
Anyone have or can take and post hi-res images of the scanner from every angle, including the back of the remote head?
Also please include hi-res photos of all included accessories from different angles.
Trying to figure out how and where to mount the scanner in my car before I buy it.
Also, is the remote head mount included, how does it mount to my car, are there any other mount options like adhesive, etc?

Can't believe in this day and age a company's marketing person doesn't understand that when you promote a product, you must provide photos of the product including all the accessories, in good quality and sufficient angles to help the consumer make the choice to buy.

whisper16

Search

If you search ws1095 in the whistler forum you will find pictures that should answer your questions. The remote head mount is included. The remote head attaches to the mount magnetically .

kandrey89

Feed Provider
If you search ws1095 in the whistler forum you will find pictures that should answer your questions. The remote head mount is included. The remote head attaches to the mount magnetically .

Thanks.
http://forums.radioreference.com/at...6d1450042928-1098-first-impressions-image.jpg
53246d1450042928-1098-first-impressions-image.jpg

kandrey89

Feed Provider
I'll have some pictures posted hopefully end of today in a separate thread.
Though I must say I was spitting nails yesterday when I turned on the scanner:
1. horribly small screen with large letters and huge pixels
2. horrendously long boot times, list loading boot times, various loading, pre-loading, saving, importing, etc even for a single frequency, feels like Uniden got brain damaged and disfigured
3. stupid power on sequence and no 3rd wire or auto-on feature for car use

Will have more comments later when I play around with Whistler interface. I really hope there's a smoother way to switch between frequencies manually, without reloading the scanlist.

RPETER

TRX-1

Decided to take the plunge and purchased one from HRO. I like it. Nice looking radio. I set the backlight for the keyboard and display screen to stay on when the unit is activated which may eat up some of the battery life but I like the way it looks and enjoy the option of turning down the volume and just watching the detailed info on the display whenever it picks up a signal.

My unit seems to receive very well as I have tested it against my older analog scanners.

Accessing EZ Scan is easy. Just connect the radio to your PC with the supplied cable. Keep the radio off. The computer will prompt you to download the program and you are good to go.

The unit shipped with the rubber case on which gives it that unique shape so I had to peel it off to put in the batteries and decided to leave it off because once again I like the look.

Lots more to learn about this radio but my first impression is good.

dpm797

so, just bought a TRX-1. so I understand this correctly there is no software other than what comes with the scanner itself to program the scanner? Am I correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.