whistler trx-1 not receiving any transmissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbarnett130

Thought to ask.... Recently I pulled out of my closet after moving my trx-1. I have had it for a few years but now I'm not receiving any transmissions. All functions work.... The memory card loads frequencies.... I just thought to ask on the forum.... Looking forward to any thoughts???? Many Thanks

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Start by looking at RR database to see if anything has changed in your area, update the CPU and DSP firmware, update the library and update your data,

Last edited:

bbarnett130

I'm not familiar with RR database??? I FOUND IT ON RADIO REFERENCE.... But not sure what to look for.....

Would you let me know how this is done....
update the CPU and DSP firmware, update the library and update your data

This is all new to me

THANK YOU

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Do you have ezscan aka: Whistlers programming software on your computer? if not go to whistlergroup.com and download it,then down load the driver for the scanner and install both of them, once installed with the scanner off and connected to the computer open ezscan, a window should pop up asking you to check for updates, click OK, if no window go to the upper left of ezscan and select updates. once completed select scanner/sd card, then copy configuration FROM scanner sd card, this will put all your scanner info into ezscan, then from the upper left select FILE, then copy configuration to ARCHIVE. Now you have backed up you data that was on the scanner.

Once you have done all those steps report back with your zip code and what you are trying to listen too in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.