Whistler trx 2 database

Status
Not open for further replies.

wthclt

Premium Subscriber
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere...how do you import UK files with a TRX-1E? I am very familiar with using my TRX-! here in the US but would be interested in using it when I travel to the UK. I have downloaded the TRX-1E software but notice the lack of the Library Import tab. I have NOT upgraded my scanner to the E version, just checking things out. Thanks in advance for any input.

g6fgy

Premium Subscriber
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere...how do you import UK files with a TRX-1E? I am very familiar with using my TRX-! here in the US but would be interested in using it when I travel to the UK. I have downloaded the TRX-1E software but notice the lack of the Library Import tab. I have NOT upgraded my scanner to the E version, just checking things out. Thanks in advance for any input.
As has been mentioned elsewhere in this thread, the TRX-1e doesn't have a library import function. This has been replaced by pre-selected frequency ranges (amateur, air band [vhf/uhf], PMR446 to name a few). The full list will depend on the bandplan selected. These can be found under the 'search' tab on the software.

Each full range is broken down into selectable groups, so you can scan the whole group or just a selected range. On the radio, each group is toggled by using the 'WX' button to step through main options.

Although there's no library as such for UK frequencies, the licensing authority (Ofcom) does publish a register of licenses which includes frequency details (UK ONLY). In its raw form it's not very user friendly, but there is a 3rd party utility (Free) available that takes the grunt out of frequency searches and can be found here: Wtr Browser – The Swiss Army knife of Frequency Searches – Database Updated On 05 August 2020 – Now All Grids It also has the facility to export frequency listings out in csv format suitable for importing into the TRX-1e.

Enjoy your time in the UK :)

wthclt

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the explanation. I did not understand the way that the groups would be accessed as I was only familiar with the Import tab with US programming. I will dig deeper and hope to be in the UK in December....but C-19 might stuff those plans. Stay safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.