`Whistler TRX 2 DMR programming help

rfking123

Premium Subscriber
Okay, this is the frequency I want to load in the TRX2. I have no clue how this is done. Here is the information: 464.375 469.375 WPZU625 RM: CC 5 TG1 SL1 St Joseph’s Hospital (DMR Business) It is the RM that is confusing me. Thanks RR folks for any input you may give.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Okay, this is the frequency I want to load in the TRX2. I have no clue how this is done. Here is the information: 464.375 469.375 WPZU625 RM: CC 5 TG1 SL1 St Joseph’s Hospital (DMR Business) It is the RM that is confusing me. Thanks RR folks for any input you may give.

First, you don't need 469.375 as that is an input frequency, you'll want to listen to 464.375. Go to the Conventional tab, click new, and change the mode to DMR, enter info as shown below.

Screenshot 2022-11-15 18.26.03.png

However, looking at the license, it is not showing they are licensed for DMR, doesn't mean they aren't using it, but the license you listed does not grant permissions for DMR.

Last edited:

rfking123

Premium Subscriber
LOL! I loaded the TRX 2 according to the suggestion given to me. All went well and about 5 minutes in scan, the TRX 2 stopped on the DRM site. LOL! All I got was an amplified "Buzz-Saw" sound......My very first scanner was a Bearcat 210XL, then the Bearcat 300. Those were the days......This is my response to RaleighGuy.

Ubbe

From where did you get that CC TG and SL information? Maybe it isn't correct.
That buzz-saw are digital data so it isn't analog anyhow.

Push Fn and then 0 to enter Tune mode. Enter the frequency followed by SEL or a push of the volume control.
Then push MENU and scroll down to the different digital modes like P25 DMR and tick the box for all of them.
Then scroll up to Save and push SEL or volume control.
If the frequency changed then enter the correct one again.

Now you are monitoring that frequency using all modes of the TRX-2 so wait and see what happens when the channel gets active, the S will show for squelch and if it decode the data a T, and look at the display what values it shows for CC and digital mode.

/Ubbe

rfking123

Premium Subscriber
I made sure several times that I set up the DMR correctly. TRX2 scanning and no activity from that frequency.. I am at a loss given the perfect instructions from RR members.. I set up NXDN and that works well. I will keep trying with DMR and see if I hit pay dirt.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
hi can someone give me a link to dsd+ as all links i use go to a black page thanks

This is a TRX-2 thread, you'd be better off asking in
Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
i got a download file can u tell me please how to install it on windows 10 cannot see exe file

AS SAID this is not the proper place for those questions. PLEASE post in proper thread to get best results. Hijacking threads is discouraged.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
AS SAID this is not the proper place for those questions. PLEASE post in proper thread to get best results. Hijacking threads is discouraged.
That's alright I'll try to help him out here but yes, for future reference please start a new thread with an unrelated question. Admins can split the threads if they wish...

i got a download file can u tell me please how to install it on windows 10 cannot see exe file

It should download a zip file which you'd right-click and extract all. DSDPlus.exe is contained within
1673031932500.png

Last edited: